A nice dusting of sunspots - 27th Feb, 2014

Luke

I'm not sure this was full-on measles, but the Sun was looking nice and spotty today across the disc :laugh:

I stacked about 450 out of 1,650 frames, using my grab-and-go ED80, and a UV/IR cut filter as my scope is not very good at handling IR light and the view goes a bit fuzzy without it when imaging! :eek:

12819259975_3eb744da2c_b.jpg

12819269163_0b93732004_b.jpg

---

27th February, 2014
Onyx ED80 / Grasshopper 3 (ICX687) / Lunt 1.25 inch Herschel Wedge / Solar Continuum / UV/IR block

Thanks, all :)

Steve, I had a big grin while scanning across the disc with the eyepiece. White light has been awesome for weeks now :laugh:

Jarrod, I see what you mean, but I am under orders to not look too much for shapes. There's only so much poor Sarah can take! :grin:

Alexandra, there is another "hobby" competing for Sarah's attention! :eek: Sarah has taken some white light captures at weekends but has either been ill, too busy or giving her attention to "the other hobby" to process them. :rolleyes:

I suspect Sarah will buy a camera in Sept. when our son starts school full time, if she has not been completely taken over by "the other hobby" that is... :grin:

Thanks, Pete and David, :smiley:  Nice views again today of the Sun in white light, don't think I quite managed the 2.5x Powermate in time before the clouds made their way over, but I was expecting cloud this morning anyhow!

Archived