Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

OpticStar

mike bacanin

Further to my visit to Opticstar in Sale,nr Altrincham, the other week, i have to say i experienced the best customer service possible.

Peter and George were very professional,nothing too much trouble.

In contrast to some very unwelcoming showrooms i've visited,it was a real pleasure.

Just a pity they are only open during monday to friday.

Mike

• 2 months later...

I have recently purchased 3 books from them and each time received excellent service. My orders were always delivered the next day as promised, despite one order being placed after 4pm the previous day! With each order I received a confirmatory email informing me of dispatch. I was particularly impressed with the high standard of care taken with protective packing.

I have no hesitation in recommending Opticstar, with whom I have no connection other than being a very satisfied customer.

Jon

Recently, whilst trying to get hold of some replacement parts for a damaged tripod, I came across a local Astronomy shop I never even knew existed !

They're called Opticstar, and are on Washway Road in Sale, Manchester.

The service and customer support I received from Peter was outstanding, I'll definately be using them again.

Regards.

Kev.

NB: I have no links to the shop, I'm just a very satisfied customer !

• 1 month later...

would like to add my weight, for what it`s worth, and give opticstar a big thumbs up, i`ve had a number of dealings with them over the year and always first class, e-mail to say when items have been dispatched and so on, if you contact them via e-mail for advise they usually answer within a few hours and nothing has been to much trouble, brill service and good prices too.

first class dealer !:)

• 2 months later...

Went into OpticStar in Manchester last week to get a new planetary camera and got some good help and advice and from Peter. Talked through all the options, and in the end got an IS DMK, and a free adapter! Great shop and great service.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my DMK camera from Optic Star, a while ago, now out of guarantee time. I had a problem with it & Optic Star, said to send it back to them, they would have a look & if problem could not be found, they would send it on to Imaging Source, I think the maker is called.

The people at Optic Star are always so polite & helpful, I have noticed it before in the past, they are always constant & willing to help. Again, very good for after sales, which is so important for us, & will always help with a problem

Fay

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ordered a EQ5 Pro Syscan GOTO , complete with free gift , on Wed' . Freebie arrived on the Thurs' , signed RMD . Mount arrived on the Fri'. Excellent service. Hassle free and a good chat with Peter about stargazing in Scotland as well , he has been up North a few times with scope/s.

Recommended to join the list of the good retailers like FLO , GreenWitch et al .

Clear Skies

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I ordered a Celestron CPC1100 from Opticstar in Manchester late Tuesday evening and it was delivered Thursday morning. I had a couple of questions about the scope after I'd set it up so I called Opticstar and the chap there was very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and his advice was spot on.

Great service!

Regards,

John

• 6 months later...

I purchased my first scope from Opticstar in Sale, Gr. Manchester yesterday and I found the staff there very helpful and knowledgeable.

Being completely new to this I had a lot of questions and they were happy to answer all of them and I have learned and understood a lot more already from just talking to them.

I would recommend Opticstar, especially a visit to the shop if you are local to Manchester.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Ok where to start....?

FLO

Good Service from FLO if only I was as organised I would have done my bit for FLO by now. I was after a dew shield and spent days harrassing Martin at FLO with all my questions on Dew Shields (sad I know). Martin was a great help and I like the email/web ticketing system that they use. I got loads of good advice which led to me using them. Ordered and Items arrived a few days later. Thanks Guys :D

Harrison Telescopes / Telescope House

Another great supplier with good prices. I have ordered 5 or 6 times from Harrison and had great service everytime. Sometimes they don't have the item so it comes from Telescope House but either way my items arrives in a day or two. I also like the Paypal payments :p

Opticstar

Again I had great service and mega prompt replies to my emails. 1:30am Sunday Night / Monday morning for one reply. Peter was very helpful. I ordered my scope and it arrived next day. Spot on :(

Scopes 'n Skies

I only ordered a couple of small items as they were the only place I can get them. Took about a week for them to send out but I got them and they were exactly what I was after. I have read some people have had issues with them but my experience was ok and I would use them again as I want some more Bolt Cases.

Stockport Binoculars and Telescope Centre

I got an Eyepiece and Barlow from their Ebay store fantastic saved £25 over their website price so was exstatic. Items were sent promptly and I will definatly use again as was a really smooth transaction and great price.

Thats about it for now.

I guess I have been really lucky and had good experiences with all the suppliers that I chose to use. The revies on here really helped me aswell.

Clear Skies!

Fija

Edited by Andrew*
Highlight opticstar

• 2 months later...

Just got my new set-up (scope, mount and guide scope/rings) from Opticstar. The MN190 had a mark on the mirror so had to go back to OVL and Opticstar couldn't have been more helpful and efficient. Great service from knowledgable and friendly staff. Highly recommended.

• 1 month later...

Great experience from Opticstar, I ordered a Coronado PST on Wednesday after phoning to check they had stock. They had a very good price and were giving a free second eyepiece along with free delivery. The eyepiece arrived on Thursday morning by recorded delivery and the scope was due for delivery on Monday by DHL. Tracking showed it arrived in town early this afternoon so I called the courier (AJG Parcels) and was able to pop down and pick it up today.

Sathya at Opticstar was quick to respond to emails and kept me up to date with the orders' progress.

Big plus for AJG Parcels too, they deliver for many larger couriers and have never let me down.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ordered my Sky Watcher 130p from Optic Star last Sunday afternoon.

Prior to doing so I had emailed them wit ha couple of questions and they stated that they were awaiting stock and could be 7 working days before it was delivered. That was OK as I wasnt in a rush for it.

It was delivered by FedEx 10am the following Wednesday, happy days.

Went to set it up that evening after work, unpacked everything and went to put the tripod up and noticed one of the leg extension clamps was split, great!! Didnt want to assemble everything and have the tripod give way so packed everything away anticipating having to send it back for a replacement.

Fired an email off to optic star that night explaining the situation. Had a reply from them before 9am the next day. Apologising for the problem, and would send out either a replacement leg or new tripod, but this could take a nother week depending on stock from the supplier. They did state that the tripod should be ok to use and I could go ahead and set the scope up.

The very next day FedEx deliver a replacement tripod leg.

Excellent service from opticstar.com and their price for the 130p synscan goto was £30 cheaper than anywhere else I could find it.

Well impressed, 10/10 for these guys would certainly recommend using them based on my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Opticstar in Sale, near Manchester today with certain expensive purchases in mind. I dealt with George there. we spent 30 minutes discussing my eyepiece woes and he basically talked me out of spending the amount of money i was willing to and took the time to go through the range of eyepeices suitable for my scope and what i wanted from them. Very patient guy and more then willing to answer the most banal of questions i had. Great shop - highly recommended.

As a footnote - for the 30-40 minutes i was in the store at least 3 people came in there as newbies asking for scope and general astro advice - great for the hobby!! :icon_salut:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I telephoned Opticstar yesterday morning and immediately got a live person reply. I checked that the Cheshire collimator I wanted was in stock. It was so I ordered it. Postage and packing was free!

Despite being the post-Stargazing Live equipment rush the collimator arrived today less than 24 hours after the order was placed.

Excellent service :icon_salut:

hi folks ,

just to let you all know about great service and quick delivery from opticstar in manchester ,

i had spent some time deciding on a few new ep`s or a baader hyperion zoom ... i eventually went for the baader zoom .. so i tried to phone a few of the main suppliers to see if they had a zoom in stock as they were showing them on the websites .. flo , rvo , modern astronomy, scopenskies, greenwitch ,365 astronomy , and a few others .. some i could not even get to pick up the phone - flo

the others were all out of stock and had no idea when they would recive any hyperion zooms from the manufactuer .Bern@modernastronomy at least said he would email baader and get some info from them ..

so i tried one last shop ,opticstar in manchester , they had the zoom in stock !!!! i ordered at 1:30 pm on friday afternoon , and it arrived here in ayrshire at 10am today (sat)

cheers :D

• 1 month later...

Hi all been use in this great company for a couple a months now they are great guys up in Manchester,they give discounts on items big all small i got a uhc filter 2 " they knocked 1.22 pence of the price they do it on all items you buy from them

the shop its self is great ,they have plenty of stuff on stock and when we went up before we had even spoke about spending any money they offered tea or coffee and a chat

they have a great track record and there customer service is direct ,

there postal service is next day service on big and small items and they do not argue when you want a refund or are not happy in fact i would say they go the extra mile with discounts and customer service and follow up calls if they could for some reason post the same day

great guys, great kit ,fast delivery prices are the same as every one else but they "do offer discounts " which makes the diference whn spending huge amounts i spent 3 grand with them i got what i wanted for 2,567 pound a massive saving

Pat

• 3 months later...

Hi All

I would just like to tell you all about the great service i got from Opticstar, Ive just bought a PX-35c coolair Camera and im very pleased with it 'I would like to thank George For all his help and time explainning the ins and outs of ccd cameras' also the quick delivery. I will be buyiny from opticstar again so once again many thanks to all at opticstar :smiley:

• 1 month later...

I ordered an AR 80 from Opticstar on Tuesday night and it arrived here in Germany this morning. This is the quickest delivery I have experienced from the UK. In fact its quicker than a lot of German firms that I order from. My emails were answered within two hours of asking a question and when opening the padded case that came with the scope I found a small bolt case with a very nice 20mm pl eyepiece in it. very pleased indeed. particularly as I didn't have a 20mm in my collection.

Their superb reputation for customer service is well deserved.

• 2 months later...

I would whole heartedly recommend the guys at Opticstar. Ordered scope on weds am delivered thurs am. Can't ask for more than that. Easy to talk to on the phone,and they answer straight away.

Finderscope had been missed out of the package, contacted today, will be with me monday via fed ex.

A1 service.

• 2 months later...

Just before christmas I bought a MAK 127 GOTO with an optic star webcam. Prompt Delivery, Very well packaged.

Had trouble using the webcam to begin with but contacted optic star who talked me through everything, excellent after sales service.

Have used since for other purchases and will use again.