SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

books

A well recommended book is Turn Left At Orion which is for someone who wants to look at interesting objects and who needs some help in finding them in the sky. There is one second hand in the classifieds section of this forum which you unfortunately can't see until you have 50 posts. I've sent a PM (private message) to the owner to ask him to contact you about it.

Turn Left At Orion is certainly a great book. It gives you hand drawn sketches of what objects should appear like in small,medium,large scopes. It doesnt show Hubble images because that is un-realistic. It also shows how to navigate your way around to find every object in the book without having too much experience.

It should be a book that is sold with every telescope bought as part of the package.

I've just bought and read Turn Left at Orion. Great book, makes it all make sense now. Just need some cloudless nights to put my new knowledge base to use :)

Yep, Ive bought this with the ringbinder, its easy to read and very interesting, well worth the money

Archived