SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Integrated Flux Nebula, M81 and 82.

ollypenrice

Taken using the dual Tak FSQ106/Atik 11000/Mesu Mount 200 rig and processed conventionally (but with difficulty!) this is an attempt to present the IFN in a naturalistic image. I used my 'same old' methods but have some others to look into so this will be a version one.

Luminance, 18x30 minutes, (9 hours.)

RGB 20x10 per colour, (10 hours.)

Plus hi res overalays from the 14 inch data captured two years ago with Yves Van den Broek.

Taken over two nights plus an hour,  with our guest, Scott.

Olly

IFN%20Web-XL.jpg

Bigger http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/i-q4qtF83/0/X3/IFN%20Web-X3.jpg

Looks amazing Olly. I'll look forward to playing about with this. Whats the 3rd Galaxy in the image?

Tom

I think you'll enjoy it and the processing is more up your street than mine.

Lower right is NGC2976 which shows some structure seen full size. Mag 10.1.

Lower left of M81, near the two bright stars, is NGC 3077, Mag 10.

As you'll see in the data, there are lots more.

By the way, I extracted a synthetic Lum from the 10 hours of RGB and weighted at it at 2/9 in Registar since it seemed a shame not to use it. I think this was a little stronger than the pure 9 hour lum.

I'll be interested to see if you get the same colour. Most IFNs are fairly colourless but some recent ones have shown this brownish look. Here's one from that mate of yours  :grin: http://rhamphotheca.tumblr.com/post/67173730748/galactic-dust-clouds-galactic-cirrus-clouds

Olly

Archived