Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Buying a new house astro advice?

maxheadroom

I shan't be building an obsy here. The garden's a bit too small and is too good to wreck with building. The most I'll do is put in a decorative (Brick?) pier to get the mount and 'scope high enough for a good southern view. When I'm due to leave again in maybe 5 years I'll put a small sundial on it. No-one need know about the cubic metre of concrete waiting for them underground :evil: .

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NW, W or Mid Wales.  Detached, south facing garden in a rural setting. 

PRO's

Cheap, fantastic dark skies, no plans for urban developments i.e. "garden cities etc" and amazing local pubs!

CON's

Nil!

£600K could get you  a 10,800 acre slice of darkness.....

http://lc.zoocdn.com/cfab6722a32e3c093e18bd2b535c028702e70970.pdf

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/33298873

Why not buy your own Dark Sky Park?

I quite fancy this one too:

http://www.rbbproperty.co.uk/properties/r/1383500

Impressive southern horizon!

d0bb146ef38349f6ccf9b0284cfa07b4.jpg

£600k?

People are going to hate me, but with the money I'll have from this sale I could pay cash, no chain. I wouldn't have much left but even so....

The 4 bed house is very tempting however...

£600k?

People are going to hate me, but with the money I'll have from this sale I could pay cash, no chain. I wouldn't have much left but even so....

The 4 bed house is very tempting however...

Not sure what you could usefully do with 10,800 acres of moorland though! Not doubt some foreign 'investor' will snap it up. Land is a safe bet at the moment (they aren't making any more of it)- Dollars in a Chinese bank is a bit dodgy long term.

The 4 bed house is my idea of dream home (in the UK at least).

Very nice house, but far to much for one bloke. For a familly now....

10,800 acres of moorland might be a bit much, but there are the mineral rights, and planning consent for a wind-farm, if one were so uncouth as to put one there.

I wonder.....Dark-sky holidays, observatory? Dunno, too problematic. Back to the search.

No idea what jobs you and the wife have Max, but there is still great value for a reasonable sized spread with no LP, few neighbours, open countryside, deserted beaches within 15 mins, great schools (both my daugters fully educated here), decent amount of land, no crime, no littering, friendly natives, cheap wine, and brilliant roads over here.

Just don't tell anyone!!!!! ;)

Rich

No idea what jobs you and the wife have Max, but there is still great value for a reasonable sized spread with no LP, few neighbours, open countryside, deserted beaches within 15 mins, great schools (both my daugters fully educated here), decent amount of land, no crime, no littering, friendly natives, cheap wine, and brilliant roads over here. Just don't tell anyone!!!!! ;) Rich

Been fishing a few times to Brittany and I agree it's magnificent!

Archived