SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mount issues

Oh, nice. Well done :) you are on the road to fame!

Remember that even with "perfect" pilar alignment you'll get star trails eventually due to other factors. 200 seconds unguided is impressive.

:)

Pleased it's all coning together for you at last.

Jd

Guiding is on my next thing to get on with, i know my polar alignment isn't perfect as i had to do a rough alignment yesterday when i dismantled half of my mount :) I do own a coma correcter just the thread on it will not reach the threads on my t-ring so im going to make a sleeve for it.

-Rob

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, nice. Well done :) you are on the road to fame!

Remember that even with "perfect" pilar alignment you'll get star trails eventually due to other factors. 200 seconds unguided is impressive.

:)

Pleased it's all coning together for you at last.

Jd

Wow, 200secs unguided.  Well beyond my capabilities.  Well done!

Wow, 200secs unguided.  Well beyond my capabilities.  Well done!

Thankyou, i've done a few modifcations to my eq5 such as cutting away some parts and using thicker bolts to prevent any movement overtime. Can't see it having any effect on it's tracking abilities though :) The 200 second exposures where just test shots, 200 was the first number in my head. 

-Rob

Periodic error and just inability to accurately polar align (unless drift aligning) will hinder you eventually; i suspect if you were to look really closely you'd already see tracking errors at 200 seconds, but if it's not obvious and you can get a load of them and stack them, it will result in a smart detailed image. It's so good you've got up and running at last :)

Let's start seeing some good stuff now.

Jd

Periodic error and just inability to accurately polar align (unless drift aligning) will hinder you eventually; i suspect if you were to look really closely you'd already see tracking errors at 200 seconds, but if it's not obvious and you can get a load of them and stack them, it will result in a smart detailed image. It's so good you've got up and running at last :)

Let's start seeing some good stuff now.

Jd

Well it's a bit hit and miss the weather report for tonight so i may be able to get out for a while tonight. May go down to 2 min exposures and up the ISO to 1200 and then stack some tonight. Been a long struggle to get it working but i too am glad i'm getting somewhere now :) Thanks for the support over the months !

-Rob

Archived