Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi to all at SGL

Tums

Hi Everyone, ☺:)

I have been fascinated by space since an early age, BUT never got around to actually doing anything till very recently.

I'm afraid I'm another one who has been stirred into action by Stargazing live on the BBC, I found a lot of the pictures they showed from Amateur Astronmers truly amazing , and the Aurora Borealis is something I would love to see for real.

I'm starting with some very basic kit , Celestron travelscope 70 refractor, and some filters, I have also bought lots of books and guides, and subscribed to the 'Sky at Night ' magazine.

All I need now is for some clear nights,so I can get out there. I know I will get hooked and want a bigger telescope (already looking what's out there,lol) , and when I get around to taking some photo's I'm sure I'm going to be needing some advice from you all.

Cheers

Tums

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL. I know what you mean about already looking for a bigger scope, these cloudy, wet and windy nights are very threatening to my bank account :) If I didnt have to buy a wedding suit and 2 wedding rings last week I'd probably have a few eyepieces bought, but alas, the good lady said the wedding stuff was more important  :rolleyes:

Welcome to SGL Tums

Welcome to SGL. I know what you mean about already looking for a bigger scope, these cloudy, wet and windy nights are very threatening to my bank account :) If I didnt have to buy a wedding suit and 2 wedding rings last week I'd probably have a few eyepieces bought, but alas, the good lady said the wedding stuff was more important  :rolleyes:

Some women just don't understand the importance of scopes and accessories Fatrick :D

Hi Tums and welcome to SGL - This is a great place to be, so glad that you found us. Settle in and enjoy learning your way around the sky before even thinking about photography. Imaging is a cruel master at times :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived