Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Live from space. Coming soon!!!

DazC

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do hope they put enough 'science' into the content. I appreciate it's probably an entertainment show foremost, but it'd be a shame if all this planning and anticipation went into what turns out to be a spacey version of Take Me Out.

Where would they go?, apparently the chinese wont be ready until 2020  heh heh heh  :evil:  :rolleyes:

Maybe cynical but there are just so many astronauts floating around that I can watch.

There was one a few weeks back that was supposed to be aspects of the Earth during one orbit of the ISS.

It ended up as 2/3 of the program being "Look at me floating here in the ISS", and 1/3 aspects of the Earth.

I switched off.

Expect there to be 2 astronauts floating, and one astronaut showing that you can drink liquids by "eating" the floating spheres of the liquid.

Think the problem is the ISS is not a film/documentry set and they cannot put a film crew on board to make a documentry.

Maybe cynical

Ronin, you are overlooking the fact that they have brought in a highly knowledgable and well respected scientist, in Dermot O Leary. "Vote now to decide which astronaut to eject from the IIS on our live show next week"

Seriously, hope it's worth watching c4 can be a bit hit and miss.

I get the cynicism, I suffer from a load of it myself in most areas of life, but I think it is good that they are making the effort to keep people interested in or at least accepting of the continuing exploration of space. We need adventurers to continue to drive our species to achieve bigger and better things. If part of allowing that to happen is having to watch Dermot O'Leary in his tight trousers for a couple of hours I think it is worth the sacrifice :wink:

My main worry is that the American and `Japanese crew of the ISS will be unable to satisfy the Great British public's need for a couple of good toilet jokes :smile:

Maybe cynical but there are just so many astronauts floating around that I can watch.

There was one a few weeks back that was supposed to be aspects of the Earth during one orbit of the ISS.

It ended up as 2/3 of the program being "Look at me floating here in the ISS", and 1/3 aspects of the Earth.

I switched off.

Was I the only person really annoyed by this program because their ISS orbit of earth was actually going the wrong way round the earth!

Mel

• 2 weeks later...

Was a bit dubious about dermot o'leary hosting the show but to be fair when upon not seeing a twirl and not hearing " your Wednesday night starts here"! I guess he did ok!

Would of prefered coxy though!

Bungielad.

Archived