Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

crimpshrine

M51 Whirlpool Galaxy, very few subs

Again another image that I had high hopes for. I think I rattled off under 15 subs before clouds took over :(

So frustrating as I think with a good number of subs I would have got a nice image. There is always next time I guess!

post-34048-0-00362300-1393032330_thumb.j

• Like 6

I'll second that ^^^^

What kit and exposure times?

Thanks, this was taken with a 700d, SW200pds, NEQ6pro. I think these were ISO1600 at around 20 second subs.

I was surprised to get anything with so little data. It is quite amazing what is hiding away in a file sometimes. I look forward to getting some more time with this subject in the future.

excellent, expecially considering the length of the subs! the galaxy looks pretty good, but the stars do look a little elongated. was this an un-guided sub?

Yes this was unguided, it was also before I received my Coma Corrector and Cheshire so the scope was not really set up properly! I did not have the galaxy centered so it was a crop towards the corner which does not help.

Another lovely picture from you. I think you will have to give us some of your tips on imaging. Well done