SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cone nebula in Ha (130pds)

Uranium235

Just done a quick process of Thursday nights data, had to throw a few subs becuase of passing cloud but managed to scrape just enough together for this one.

I had to change correctors mid-session  (the baader wasnt sitting right for some reason), so one corner is out slightly. Shouldnt have bloomin' messed with it in the first place! But, I think I have a solution in the form of an adapter ive put together using the copious amount of bits and bobs I have accumulated over the years. Ive been testing it to find the best way of ensuring the collar of the MPCC stays flush with the focuser when the grubscrew is tightened up.

Cone nebula (Ha)

14x450 (Ha) 2x2bin

130pds, Atik 383L+, NEQ6

Thanks for looking! :)

Rob

post-5513-0-42577100-1393029941.jpg

post-5513-0-42577100-1393029941_thumb.jp

Class image. One of the few nebulae that I have seen that actually looks better as a small image - easier to take it all in!  :grin:

Quite right about the widefield view as is does sit in a lot of Ha, but I were to add another 2 panes above that it would pick up some quite interesting stuff (other smaller nebs and bok globs).

Great image Rob, you've certainly got the little newt delivering the goods even though you had issues with the mpcc mid session!

I think I might have sorted that one now, as ive since constructed a beefier version of the M54 drawtube adaptor which is also suitable for housing the MkIII corrector. It didnt work with the TS M54 adaptor (too low profile, so not enough out focus), but with this one it should have travel to spare. Hopefully I can get some testing done tomorrow night.

Archived