Narrowband

1 more EP

Daniel-K

Im looking for 1 more EP i currently have a 28MM MV a 18MM ES82 and a 6MM BCO which is a tad too much for my scope unless its perfect. im thinking about getting the 11MM ES82 or a 12MM Delos what do you think? oops should have said its for my 14" F.4.5 SW dob

Dan

The ES82 11mm is great value and would match you existing EP's. The 12mm Delos might be touch better on ER I'm not sure? but I know they are about twice the money. Sorry to hear that the 6mm BCO I sold you is a bit too much mag for your scope matey.

Chris

ES 82 11mm is a cracking eyepiece. I had the 6.7, 11 and 14. All were superb. Do they do an 8.8mm? Only that works out at 179x. If you are trying to get a good workable planetary magnification that will work most nights, 179x would be a good compromise.

The ES82 11mm is great value and would match you existing EP's. The 12mm Delos might be touch better on ER I'm not sure? but I know they are about twice the money. Sorry to hear that the 6mm BCO I sold you is a bit too much mag for your scope matey.

Chris

that ok chris just give me 1st dips on that 13mm Nagler you have :D

ES 82 11mm is a cracking eyepiece. I had the 6.7, 11 and 14. All were superb. Do they do an 8.8mm? Only that works out at 179x. If you are trying to get a good workable planetary magnification that will work most nights, 179x would be a good compromise.

The higher mag im after is mainly for globs. i do alot of galaxy work and i have fetish so to speak for globs, i love to  hit them with some mag and break them down. not really fussed on planets except saturn which is always worth a look.the 11mm 82 will give me x140 which is a good mag.

Don't know what to suggest not having used either, but the title is flawed. 1 more means there will be a next one at some stage, just like drinking :grin:  I know the delos has 20 mm eyerelief, the ES series are tighter, if that helps. Sad person I am knowing those figures, I'll just say I only know because I know what I am likely to buy next :0)

Don't know what to suggest not having used either, but the title is flawed. 1 more means there will be a next one at some stage, just like drinking :grin:  I know the delos has 20 mm eyerelief, the ES series are tighter, if that helps. Sad person I am knowing those figures, I'll just say I only know because I know what I am likely to buy next :0)

ive had a 8MM delos when i had my 250PX and although i liked it my pan-optic lived in the focuser. the 11MM just appeals to me !!

12mm Delos gets my vote :smiley:  but I have not tried the ES.

Perfect eye relief is a very important factor to consider, being adjustable on the Delos, this is almost guaranteed !! After all you could end up wasting all your cash as apposed to spending an extra £100

12mm Delos gets my vote :smiley:  but I have not tried the ES.

Perfect eye relief is a very important factor to consider, being adjustable on the Delos, this is almost guaranteed !! After all you could end up wasting all your cash as apposed to spending an extra £100

I think you mean the eye cup position is adjustable rather than the eye relief. Eye relief is a product of eyepiece focal length and scope focal ratio and will only vary if one of those factors is changed :smiley:

I think you mean the eye cup position is adjustable rather than the eye relief. Eye relief is a product of eyepiece focal length and scope focal ratio and will only vary if one of those factors is changed :smiley:

Oooops a daisy   :shocked:   Yes John my mistake. Sorry Daniel, I was thinking blackouts but typing eye relief :laugh:

Archived