SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

clear sky alert!

Daniel-K

off to our local dark site in the forest its a 30 min drive and is way darker than my garden in fact its that dark on the clearest of nights m46 is naked eye. any way HOW EXCITED AM I! :D this could be the first full nighter with the 350P

post-6284-0-05249300-1392897476_thumb.jp

Had a look on bbc and got about an hour from 7-8.

It's starting to clear up already. I wouldn't count much on the forecast. I noticed when they're predicting clear skies, say, after midnight and partly cloudy before that...it tends to get more or less clear an hour or two before that.

My TV NP127is is capturing it's first light as I type, but the objective tonight is not to try and get great images, just solve some of the setup issues. Finally got autofocus working, didn't realise SGPro had not started the cooler automatically so first images were with a warm camera!  Having fun basically. But I did finally get an image of the SN in M82 - I was beginning to think I'd never get one.

ChrisH

Archived