Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ASI120MC CAMERA

I just ordered this camera and download the manual for it to get in some early reading and saw " intel CPU based computer is recommended"  I didn't buy the Celestron Neximage because I had read it would not work with AMD based computers. Has any one use the ASI120MC Camera with an AMD based computer? Just wondering if any one nos the reason AMD is such a problem? Have 4 computers and all are AMD based except a very old one with xp home on it. If their products will not run on AMD Processors It should state so, So as not to order and have to return.

I just ordered this camera and download the manual for it to get in some early reading and saw " intel CPU based computer is recommended"  I didn't buy the Celestron Neximage because I had read it would not work with AMD based computers. Has any one use the ASI120MC Camera with an AMD based computer? Just wondering if any one nos the reason AMD is such a problem? Have 4 computers and all are AMD based except a very old one with xp home on it. If their products will not run on AMD Processors It should state so, So as not to order and have to return.

I think it might be more related to the MacOSX side of things. In other Words. That It doesn´t support old Macs with non-Intel chipset?

Can´t find much on their official website about this. It only mentions Windows Versions support.

I think these recommendations mean Intel scratches their back more. There is no fundamental reason the camera would not run on an ARM chip, MIPS processor or anything else provided a driver is available. The people at ZWO might not have tested stuff on many other systems, so they may also be doing a classic covering-of-the-backside action.

Thanks one and all, Sick feeling leaving my stomach now...... Cant wait to try it out, Once again thanks a lot..

It wouldn´t make sense otherwise. As AMD delivers the USB drivers for their chipsets, just like Intel delivers theirs. ZWO Opticals drivers are for the camera itself connecting via USB.

So I Wonder where you read this info?

IT is in their manual off their web site "Then Plug in the camera to a USB port, You can try another USB port if the

one plug in doesn't work. Intel CPU based computer is recommended." There are no page numbers but is shown after installing drivers and pluging in camera. Sounds like the point is mute since many here seem to have no problems with AMD processors.

Archived