Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moles!

BenDavis

Ok, this is a little random but am I the only person who has had an issue with moles being attracted to my goto mount!?

I have a couple of large slabs on the lawn which my mount sits on and the mole keeps digging all around after I have been using the Neq6, which is not very often due to the weather so I have easily seen a correlation between the two.

I guess its down to noise of the motors turning the mount?

Its was funny at first now its getting annoying! Anybody else had this issue or have any good tested mole removal tips!!?

Thanks

Dig a big wide hole, fill it with chunky gravel, place slabs on top.  Good drainage and they won't be digging that lot in a hurry.*

*I am not a landscape gardener nor do I have any qualifications in foundation laying.

On the up-side, mole hills are a great source of quality soil for potting plants!

Ok, this is a little random but am I the only person who has had an issue with moles being attracted to my goto mount!?

I have a couple of large slabs on the lawn which my mount sits on and the mole keeps digging all around after I have been using the Neq6, which is not very often due to the weather so I have easily seen a correlation between the two.

I guess its down to noise of the motors turning the mount?

Its was funny at first now its getting annoying! Anybody else had this issue or have any good tested mole removal tips!!?

Thanks

Most likely they are after a few juicy lobworms that are around and under the flagstones. Its possible that the vibration of the mount might be perceived by the worms to be rain

and therefore they come to the subsurface soil in order to escape from potential drowning. or something like that  :laugh:

IIRC,moles are blind and they use a type of electrical force field to navigate and sense what is around them. They may be attracted to the scope because of the electrics on it and come to investigate.

Might be something in that, they're not completely blind but they do rely mainly on other senses. I took the photo below of a 'Mole on a Mission' - a track of mole hills across a field following the overhead cables towards a pylon.

DSC00131_DxO_zps36105a12.jpg

I'm liking davefrance's idea personally.  (Anyone seen that film Tremors??)  And a good second place idea would be to dig a hole 18" across and fill it with concrete for each leg - solid, stable and mole proof.

Haha, yeah its not too dissimilar to what I've felt like!

Ah, thanks Dave I'll have a good read and probably order some.

I noticed where the mole had appeared last and started digging the lawn up at 11.30 last night.... never found a mole though! I've made a right mess of the lawn now.

Haha, yeah its not too dissimilar to what I've felt like!

Ah, thanks Dave I'll have a good read and probably order some.

I noticed where the mole had appeared last and started digging the lawn up at 11.30 last night.... never found a mole though! I've made a right mess of the lawn now.

Still reckon you will end up blowing up the little critters :blob8:

Still reckon you will end up blowing up the little critters :blob8:

Funny you should say that as I have previous history of explosives, but that's another story which I should really leave in the past!

Have a look at this

Dave

http://www.pomonafruits.cI'

I have had a read and have ordered them, I'm not convinced to be honest but lets see what happens. Thanks

If the plan is to bump off said mole, how about car exhaust, plus hosepipe equals peaceful way to go? That or clear the molehills so that the tunnels are open, then pack them with dry ice.

Moles just love Carbon Monoxide :smiley:

• 4 weeks later...

Well I received the anti mole bulbs and had planted them about a month ago and it looks like they are working!

I was sceptical but fair enough they seem to be doing the job!

So thank you Dave!

they are excellent for scaring them away. has anyone else  noticed the sudden increase of moles in their garden? Strangely mine have a gloucestershire accent

Archived