stargazine_ep34_banner.thumb.jpg.28dd32d9305c7de9b6591e6bf6600b27.jpg

Horsehead Ha progressing slowly, C8 / Atik314L+

I was in two minds to post this as it's still a project i am still adding to but thought i would share what i have so far gradients an all.

Still collecting Ha only due to restricted view of target.

C8 + FR6.3

Atik 314L+

Ha 7nm

Just over 180 mins inc 2 x 2 binned.

post-11075-0-11177000-1392671600_thumb.p

I also let a couple of bad subs with oval stars in, my bad.

When is enough Ha enough ? not yet is my feeling.

The mount 'seemed' better guiding after cleaning & adjusting the gear meshing & has removed most of the backlash.

Anyway i know it's not much but enjoying every sub i collect, any comments good/bad appreciated.

• Like 2

Hi Ewan, that's a really nice image with no noise - is that due to the Ha filter? I bought one last week but I havn't had a chance to try it out. 

I was surprised at how long your exposure time is. How many subs have you taken so far? 

• Like 1

Thanks RC, Brenda.

Tryinv yo get a smooth image while keeping some sharpness as it were is not easy with the data i have so, neex some L data for that & its a long way off, i am learning to keep things a little more 'fluffy' looking the more i use PS.

Hi Ewan, that's a really nice image with no noise - is that due to the Ha filter? I bought one last week but I havn't had a chance to try it out. 

I was surprised at how long your exposure time is. How many subs have you taken so far?

The 180 mins is a total time of mixed subs, most 300 sec subs but i added a few 420 & 180 2x2 binned as well.

With the Ha filter be watchful for dew as it seems to create some hard to correct 'haloing' around the stars, for me anyway.

Any processing tips on Ha / dew halos i would really appreciate.

Feedback, good & bad, is very welcome.

Had a breakthrough with guiding tonight which i will post elsewhere, surfice to say maybe this mount can guide after all.

• Like 1