Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How is your scope modded

bomberbaz

Purplehaze: any tips on the polar illuminate you diy'd? Finding it hard to see through my SW EQ5 polarscope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi andy sorry for the late reply

i bought a 9v battery & holder, soldered a 380ohm resister to it along with a cheap switch & a small 5mm led all from maplins cheap as chips think all in all cost me bout 8 quid, needed some heatshrink to but if you have better skills than i did mite not need that

clear skies

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A replacement back from a single billet of aluminium for a cracked/damaged Meade ETX105 rear cell assembly.

I did post a 'Part 1' in the DIY Astronomer section during December 2013. 'Part 2' (with photo's) is due for posting next week... (also to be included in the DIY Astronomer section).

Here is the link to 'Part 1'... http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/200993-my-modded-meade-etx105-ota-part-1/?hl=%2Bmy+%2Bmodded+%2Betx105#entry2122570 if you are interested.

Keep remembering what extras I have done. Forgot about replacing the 17ah battery with a Lucas 22ah golf battery. Seems to be working much better with no issues on the goto now. Before it was start to lose accuracy late into a session.

Done a little work on my12" revelation dob. Done the springs on the primary and added Bobs  knobs to the primary. I have partly flocked the scope and will do the rest at sometime. Added a control knob to the tube so i can move it when the home made dew shield is fitted. I have fiitted some red LEDs to the base so I can get some light and finally the best mod I did, Telrad.

Hi all,

The main additon to my CPC 1100 is an Earthwin Power/Filter switch. This attaches to the diagonal and has a Barlow and Reducer fitted which can be slid into the light path as needed. It also has holders for two filters which can also be slipped into place. This makes power and filter changes so much easier as they can be done in a second at the touch of a button rather than unscrewing and fiddling around in the dark.

Regards,

John

9 x 50 RACI on a CELESTRON BRACKET (removable)

TELEVUE EVERBRIGHT 2" DIELECTRIC DIAGONAL

MOONLITE cr2 FOCUSER

ANTI VIBRATION PADS (homemade Sorbathane rubber on top of wooden blocks 3" x 3"

ON MY C11   ......

just a quick Q for Deepspacehunter..

Do those anti vibration pads make a difference?

And can I use those on my Dob?

A replacement back from a single billet of aluminium for a cracked/damaged Meade ETX105 rear cell assembly.

I did post a 'Part 1' in the DIY Astronomer section during December 2013. 'Part 2' (with photo's) is due for posting next week... (also to be included in the DIY Astronomer section).

Here is the link to 'Part 1'... http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/200993-my-modded-meade-etx105-ota-part-1/?hl=%2Bmy+%2Bmodded+%2Betx105#entry2122570 if you are interested.

I have now posted 'Part 2'...

...and here is the link... http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/210185-my-modded-meade-etx105-ota-part-2/

Archived