sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

See link below for pictures of my new 20" F/3.3. It's the one with the wheels. The pictures are from the workshop near Bordeaux and I'm popping down there ( 1,550 miles round trip) next Monday. http

F3.3... What eyepieces are you sticking in it?

Gawd, I just said in another thread that I'm happy with the scope I have!! The focal ratio makes for a nice low focusser...

lovely mate, i had to travel for my scope, but only 100miles round trip, but it was 00 factory, safe trip mate. oh yea dont forget your paracorr

Edited by faulksy

Thanks all, I'll drive really carefully, most of the time!  I have a Leica Zoom eyepiece and a Baader VIP Barlow, an amazing eyepiece.  Plenty of links on Cloudy Nights covering it in depth ( http://www.cloudynights.com/item.php?item_id=2390 ).  Also, at Astrofest in London last week I got talking to Al NAgler.  He convinced me the 21mm Ethos was absoloutely the best widefield eyepiece for this fast Dob.  1,1 Degree TFOV with Paracorr type 2 with an exit pupil of 5.5mm.  He offered me a very generous discount and so I couldn't say no, could I?  I rushed home and told the wife how much I saved but all she cared about was how much more I had spent!  Women can be funny sometimes.

The 21mm Ethos with the Paracorr type 2 weighs just over 3.5lbs in old money.  Kelling better be clear next month!

Clem

Gawd, I just said in another thread that I'm happy with the scope I have!!

The focal ratio makes for a nice low focusser...

Ooops! The Focuser is 5' 7" pointed straight up. I'm only 5' 7" so on those rare occasions when I look at the zenith I have a 3" step. No ladder required.

Clem

• Like 1

See link below for pictures of my new 20" F/3.3. It's the one with the wheels. The pictures are from the workshop near Bordeaux and I'm popping down there ( 1,550 miles round trip) next Monday.

http://skyvisiondev.blogspot.co.uk

Clem

I can't read French and wonder about the mirror thickness and its weight.

Ooops! The Focuser is 5' 7" pointed straight up. I'm only 5' 7" so on those rare occasions when I look at the zenith I have a 3" step. No ladder required.

Clem

That's around the height of the focuser on the Skywatcher 400p.....

Thanks all, the mirror cell weighs 25Kg and the mirror is 2" thick. It's installed on an 18 point support customised for each mirror, they say.

If you go to Skyvision.fr you will see a tab to convert to English, but google chrome will automatically convert anyway. Mine is the Compact Dob 20" f3.3.

Clem

Clem

What a beautiful object. Enjoy it. I'd say you could even get away with bringing that out under the clouds and enjoy using it!!! Well done and many, many clear nights to you.........especially if you live close to me.......

Barry

Looks fab,

I think they have really nailed the style versus function balance on these scopes.

For me an 18inch f4 is my dream scope but a 20inch f3.3 sounds like one hell of a scope.

By the way, what scope do you currently have ?

cheers

I currently own a Celestron CPC 1100 customised to death.. Internal rechargeable battery pack, internal dew controller, fans and much more. I'm about to sell it though.

Clem

Clem

What a beautiful object. Enjoy it. I'd say you could even get away with bringing that out under the clouds and enjoy using it!!! Well done and many, many clear nights to you.........especially if you live close to me.......

Barry

Hi Barry, I'm a Cork man myself ( well, a Mallow man) but I live in Wokingham, Berkshire now.

Clem

• Like 1

That's funny, I'm a Galway man, living in killeagh but working in mallow. It's nice and dark(ish) in Killeagh, about NELM 5.5

I'd love to run out your 20" in the garden!! Suppose I'll have to make do with the ol' 16" :):)

Barry

Nice choice. I'm considering a 22 or a 20 myself.. And hankered after the Obsession Ultra Compact. I dare bet, your scope is a lot better value for money...

Keen to know how much you sprung for it, ? Please PM if you can.... Good luck and top choice.