Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can't fit moon in live view

look out hes above u

one option would be to do a mosaic although I can't advise on how this is done as I've not done one yet...I really should have a go at it but I'm scared that if I start one I'll run out of clear skies :)

It all depends on what focal length your scope is. With my 250p DS I have the same problem as it effectively becomes a 1200mm mirror lens.

As Scott suggest you could always try a mosaic. They should be fairly quick to do with the moon as your sub length will be short, just make sure you have plenty of overlap. You can then use PS or MS ICE to stitch together.

If the 700D is not at least 20.5mm in it's shortest side then the moon will not make it.

As you will need a bit of extra I suppose that 25mm minimum is the realistic requirement.

Canon give: 22.3 x 14.9mm CMOS

So won't fit with the CPC.

Is this an excuse for a full frame camera? :grin: :grin: :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi peeps,just a quick one,with my set up of my 700d and sct connected with t ring and t adaptor,I can only get 3/4 of the moon in love view screen,is this normal from my set up and do I get focal reducer to fix this,thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a rule-of-thumb the Moon ( and Sun!) diameter is about 1% the focal length of the lens or telescope eg if the fl = 1000mm the moon = 10mm diameter - hope that helps :-)

Archived