Introduction

wlacy004

Good day everyone.

As an introduction.....my name is Bill, I live in the USA in Indiana.....land of the ever changing weather.

For the past month the temperature has been around -10º F so no outdoor activities especially no celestial observing.

However, Spring is on the way and observing time will vastly increase.

I had read a topic earlier stating that during after exposure processing, a person should not apply sharpening until the last step.

Does any one have any input as to why this is important?

T Y and I hope to be able to contribute valid input to this august gathering of minds.

Hi Bill and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and hope that you enjoy sharing ideas. I'd like to say why I leave sharpening until the end, but I have no idea and just do it that way! I suppose at least if you do it at the end of processing you are not sharpening any artefacts that may creep in during processing.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Greetings from central oregon and the high desert at 4,300 feet!

My name is Richard and I live in La Pine where I am finishing construction on an 8x8 foot roll off roof observatory for my C8 and my 13 inch Dob.

My present interest is astrophotography with an unmodified Canon t2i and an XS.

I'm still at the bottom of the learning curve when it comes to stacking and pulling the best out of those pixels.post-35442-0-22362400-1392169637.jpg

Archived