sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

NGC2237 in Ha

No clouds last night :hello1: but lots of moisture in the air and the bright moon stopped me going for any colour for my Horse head Neb shot.

I decided to have a crack at the Rosetta Neb as it was close to the HH and is one I have never imaged before.

15 @ 10 Min's through my 80ED with a 0.5 focal reducer set at 0.74.

Camera was a Starlight express HX916 CCD.

3286_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Mike

Cor blimey you just about squeezed that one in Mike ehheheheheh , very nice deep shot mate , like that, such a pleasing object is that to get , just one complaint though Mike , wheres those B***** hALOs ehehhehe .

Nice image mate :D

You certainly got your reward for the effort there Mike.

Damned good for your first attempt. You set the bar high for yourself now. :D

I have the MX916 too, I hope I can eventually squeeze something like this out of it.

Ron. :D

Thanks again Guys :D

That's a nice image, Mike - what FR did you use to take this image as I am interested in getting a wider field from my own ED80?

I used a atik 0.5 FR but set @ 0.74 (21mm from the CCD) because The stars looked pants @ 0.5 (40mm from the CCD) *see* http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php/topic,20384.0.html

I have the MX916 too, I hope I can eventually squeeze something like this out of it.

Ron.

Looking forward to your images Ron. :D

Excellent Mike.

The first one for me - not over processed but excellent conrast makes it really stand out. That well defined ridge of dust from 1 to 3 o' clock really stands out a treat.

Anthony