SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Royal Mail Ninja strikes again

philhas

I was actually stood in the hall way once playing with my dogs when through the letter box came a card !!!! he got more then a disgrunteled look when i opened the door

i dont get it why if your there anyway with the parcel why not knock on the door and try to deliver it, surely its better then continuing to carry it around.

I don't understand it either Alan, to be fair to my Postie if he has something for me I always get it that day, he delivers usually at 1.30 PM and he knows the address as I bought the house off him! I only get the problem when its a signed for 1st class which seems to come around 8.30 AM via a guy in a van from the local depot.I work from home so get used to the times and listen out with my office door open but you have a cat in hell's chance of catching them!

We had the same problem he walked across our front lawn and stuck the card through the door for about the fith time but he doesn't no my other half she was down the drive and he had it both barrels strange how the parcel was three hundred yards away in his van I think its common practice just ring complaints and tell them

Your postie waits before writing the card!?! Where we used to live she would come screaming up to the house in her van, write the card in the drivers seat, then jump out, run up to the front door and jam the card through and scarper. The only chance you got was if you heard the squeal of the brakes and the thump of the van mounting the kerb, and you made it to the front door before she did.

Fortunately our current postie out here in the sticks is cracking. He even stops to give the dog a cuddle as she bounces around him barking madly. If we are not in he leaves any parcels in our agreed safe place.

Our posties are fantastic. We had a new chap turn up at our door three times one morning because he'd realised I had three parcels instead of one! How that must have impacted his delivery target.

Another gets chased up the lane by the local dogs as they know he has biscuits in his pockets. Rod and back comes to mind but he seems to enjoy treating them.

You should try France, a lot of the post people do not even have the package in their vans, they just put the card in the box.  I know this because I caught him the other day and I got the card out in front of him and said can I have the package please?   He lied and said it was too big to put in the van and had to be collected from the post office.  When I got there it turned out to be my Baader Hyperion 8mm (which is cracking by the way).

Well, you want to try the Cyprus postal experience, our village postal agent only does a round when they have enough mail to make it worth bothering, it could be weeks between deliveries.  The carriers are even better, if you don't live in one of the major towns then all you get is a phone call telling you your parcel is ready for you to collect from their depot.  Best of all though are items sent from outside the EU, you get a letter telling you that you have a parcel which must have duty paid on it, remember this letter could have spent a couple of weeks on the postal agents kitchen table.  You then have to drive to town and present the letter at the main post office, a nice lady looks your delivery up on the system and then takes your letter into an office, some time later a man comes out of the office and gives the letter to another chap sitting just a few feet away from the nice lady.  This chap then asks you for confirmation of the items cost, anything will do, an invoice or even a printed copy of an email with the price of the item on it, he doesn't mind, all he wants is a figure to guesstimate the duty.  After a bit of haggling over whether shipping costs should be liable for duty he fills out a form and passes it to a girl sitting next to him and she then tells you how much you have to pay, sometimes they might ask you to open the package but that's only if they are having a really slow day and are feeling even more bored than usual.

Archived