Narrowband

Paramount ME II or 10 Micron 2000HPS

jaspalchadha

As an update the on axis encoder option for the MEII is about to ship according to the guys at Bisque and they cost $3000 (each).  This brings the MEII with encoders up to $21,000, which in reality makes the proper comparison (based on price) between the 10Micron 3000HPS and the MEII with encoders.  The 3000HPS is running at about $19,000 for the full package including power supply, counter weights and pier adapter.  Both mounts are 100+kg payload options.

Will be very interesting to get some full comparisons in the field when the MEII with encoders surfaces.  I have the time to wait as I wont be ordering my mount until August/Sept and dont expect it to arrive until the new year!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is interesting! They have been at it for quite some time now, the Bisques. To their credit, and as opposed to another large American manufacturer, they do not offer this as a user installed option. Also worth noting is that there is a disclaimer about encoders not getting you unguided imaging. Another thing on the positive side is that the encoders are hooked up to the controller and apparently handled by the same.

Let's see if they do deliver them by mid 2015. I, for one, am very interested in seing the results!

All the best,

Per

• 2 months later...

Hi Per,

Many thanks. It came up straight away on the IPad. Would not on the computer until I used your coppied http address. Weird!

I'll give it a try as soon as the GM1000 arrives and I've got it going.

thanks again for your help.

Derek

Will be very interesting to get some full comparisons in the field when the MEII with encoders surfaces.  I have the time to wait as I wont be ordering my mount until August/Sept and dont expect it to arrive until the new year!

I recently sold an AP1600 with encoders in favor of the 10u gm3000.  I tested them side by side.. review to come.

Archived