SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

February 10th - Jupiter (+ Europa), Mars and Saturn

CKemu

Last night was the "Virtual Star Party", a live show that lets amateur and professional astronomers show the night sky from their telescopes. If you've never seen it, or missed out on last night's episode, catch it here:

Last night I brought Jupiter and Mars to the VSP, and despite it being 3:30am when the show finished for me, I hung on for an extra hour to get my first image of Saturn for 2014!

All the planets (and Europa) where shot using the exact same set up, so the image is a good example of their relative sizes currently.

Equipment:

Meade LX90 8" SCT

Meade 2x Shorty Barlow

ASI120mc!

My scope needs collimation as it was recently repaired and seeing conditions where less than favorable, but no matter how many times I look through my scope, these planets blow me away!

post-9886-0-15813200-1392047499_thumb.jp

Nice images!

I managed to get all three last night as well although my Saturn and Mars images were spoiled a bit by cloud.

Can you remember what Gain/EXP you were using for the Mars photos?

Most of my Mars data was overexposed, first time imaging Mas for me :grin:

Archived