SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pleiades first light with my new SV80ED

Leveye

I threw around the idea of trying to "fix" the scope and reseat the front elements as a tech from Stellarvue suggest i might try to correct this issue but from all of your viewpoints and opinions here have changed my mind. Also i just imaged the Rosette Nebula recently and really do not notice the spikes as much. It was very cold this night maybe thats the key. At any rate it's all good i'm very pleased with this scope! Any takers for a year old AT65EDQ? I can't keep both. Here's the other test shot i did with the SV80.

post-28595-0-60096700-1393288345_thumb.j

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that shows some things i sure have never seen in it before! Lots of photons captured there that must have taken a lot of scope time. I also see some diffraction spikes in his as well so there you have it. Quite common. Many thanks to everyone for the compliments here much appreciated! -Lev-

Archived