Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

shoXx

Greetings from Rotherham.

Hello,

I've been fascinated with astronomy and science in general (physics and cosmology mainly) for years but until now I have enjoyed the work of others without ever looking through an actual telescope, that was remedied by my 10 year old niece who saw a flyer for our local astronomical society and asked me to take her. We saw amazing images of the Moon, Jupiter and the Orion Nebula.

I decided to get a Heritage-114P Virtuoso as an early birthday present for her and we're now both hooked on star (and planet) gazing.

Hoping to meet likeminded folks and learn from experienced people to enable me to find lots more objects and show them to my niece.

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to learning more!

Stuart.

• Like 1

Hell & welcome to SGL Stuart :laugh: Its nice to see the youngsters getting involved ( and elders :grin: )

Shaun

• Like 1

Hi Stuart welcome to the lounge,

nice to hear your niece and yourself are

enjoying the new scope.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Hello and welcome from a fellow noob. Its a small world I am also from Rotherham. Is it the swinton astronomical society you are a member of?

John

Hi Stuart and welcome to SGL! What a great intro, sounds like you and your niece are going to have a great time!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Stuart and a warm welcome to SGL from me. Glad to hear you have your niece to share your hobby and you are getting into the practical side of Astronomy.

Happy Stargazing.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. :)

Hello and welcome from a fellow noob. Its a small world I am also from Rotherham. Is it the swinton astronomical society you are a member of?

John

Not a member but it was one of their events I went to at the Old Moor. They have them at Hoober Stand too I think.