Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings from Rotherham.

shoXx

Hello,

I've been fascinated with astronomy and science in general (physics and cosmology mainly) for years but until now I have enjoyed the work of others without ever looking through an actual telescope, that was remedied by my 10 year old niece who saw a flyer for our local astronomical society and asked me to take her. We saw amazing images of the Moon, Jupiter and the Orion Nebula.

I decided to get a Heritage-114P Virtuoso as an early birthday present for her and we're now both hooked on star (and planet) gazing.

Hoping to meet likeminded folks and learn from experienced people to enable me to find lots more objects and show them to my niece.

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to learning more!

Stuart.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the welcome everyone. :)

Hello and welcome from a fellow noob. Its a small world I am also from Rotherham. Is it the swinton astronomical society you are a member of?

John

Not a member but it was one of their events I went to at the Old Moor. They have them at Hoober Stand too I think.

Archived