SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

DMK21AU04 VS QHY5L-II For Guiding

Rob_Jn

Not comparing the two I'm afraid but I can testify the senstivity of the QHY5L-II (the less sensitive colour version) is such that I can get a guidestar in any random FOV with my 70mm refractor guidescope. Works well with PHD. I'm converting my QHY5-II into an all-sky camera having just bought a fish-eye lens and dome for it.

ChrisH

Rob,

Like Chris I can't give a direct comparison against the DMK, but can say the QHY5L-IIM is an excellent guide cam - I've posted this link before, but there's an excellent comparison thread between the QHY and Lodestar guiders over on CN - http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5969048/page/2/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1

Yeah! I use a 2x barlow but I think many of the guiding problems I used to have were due to other things, so I should give native f6 a try again - I think with what you have described I'll buy the QHY.

Rob

Archived