Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

what was that ?

hi guys , i woke up today early morning 22.30 UT to catch up omega centauri by my celestron skymaster 15x70 but when i looked up to the sky i could see a hazy patch near saturn with my naked eye ( of course sky was virtually cloudless and transparent ) . then i pointed my bino towards it . oh my god it was amazing . it just looked like a comet with front bright part ( like nucleus ) and fan shaped tail or a wide tail ( like how ison looked after it emerged from sun's other side ) . i know it was not a aircraft or artificial satelite , ISS , asteroid or any globular cluster . it moved pretty quickly i.e i could see its apparent motion wrt to background stars  within a span of 10 minutes or so . it moved near the star acrab , then through ophiuchus .

i know something was there . i just want to know what it was .  observation done around 23.00 UT 6th february 2014 . my location is 20.8 degree north and 85.1 degree east . some one please find out was it some thing substantial there ? thanks.. :evil:

I've just punched the info you give into Stellarium , it clearly shows the object to be the "Atlas Centaur 2" following the course you describe ... 

attachicon.gifstellarium-000.png

thanks man . from the position it looks like so . but it was not like a common artificial satelites . A.S look like points of light whose movement is quite obvious , like an aircraft . but it  did not look like one and nor its movement  . it looked like the ghost of ison ( after ison came out in the other side in soho image ) . when u see it it looked stationary but after 10 minutes , the position would change wrt stars . u should have seen it . it was spectacular .

thanks man . from the position it looks like so . but it was not like a common artificial satelites . A.S look like points of light whose movement is quite obvious , like an aircraft . but it  did not look like one and nor its movement  . it looked like the ghost of ison ( after ison came out in the other side in soho image ) . when u see it it looked stationary but after 10 minutes , the position would change wrt stars . u should have seen it . it was spectacular .

I do have stellarium but i can not see artificial in it . please just check if it passed very near to the star sabik !

Archived