Live View through TV, Monitor etc

Purplehayze104

Hi All

just wanted to let people know, not sure if this has come up on SGL before regarding Nikon Cameras, but i found a little dittie on a camera blog site where someone had mentioned, they use the live view function throu a TV etc (which i thought was only for playback of photos, vids) but i gave it a whirl an used the basic yellow visual cable that came with camera & hey presto i had live view on the TV so was thinking this mite become useful for focussing whilst out imaging especially if the HDMI connection works as well as live view itself on the back of camera is a little hard to judge when zoomed in on star

well hope this helps a few people that have the same trouble

clear skies all

john

well im hoping to try out the mini HDMI cable option sometime soon to see if can get the same result connected to my laptop (hopefully better resolution for focussing) which would be the better option, as it was mentioned about not sure the misses would be fine about me stealing the TV for the evening :D

Archived