Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

When is this weather going to end??

Skooby

Interesting topic! made me check the metoffice site and confirm that weather is going to be cr*p at least untill monday, great!

I remember someone on the forum was saying that people buying new gears and scopes brings the bad weather, so, who has bought new stuff this time???

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now i thought it was a British thing talking about the weather, just shows all humans like a good chat about the weather.

I thought the British liked to talk about the unreliability and variability of the weather.  There doesn't seem to be much variability at the moment :(

James

The weather will not change in the foreseeable future because it's caught in a positive feedback loop. The worse the weather is the more we indulge in retail therapy because of that. New kit = more cloud and rain = more retail therapy = more new kit = ...

Interesting topic! made me check the metoffice site and confirm that weather is going to be cr*p at least untill monday, great!

I remember someone on the forum was saying that people buying new gears and scopes brings the bad weather, so, who has bought new stuff this time???

Sorry to say me new stuff which I've not used well not outside anyway lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had 4 FLO Deliveries in the same time scale, managed 2 viewing sessions.... :mad:

Excellent. When in doubt . . . accessorise.

Good news is it's no longer cold,  windy and raining in dorset.  Now it's raining, with extra fog.       That's better, right?

I have had 4 FLO Deliveries in the same time scale, managed 2 viewing sessions.... :mad:

We all feel your pain tinker it's a complete nightmare I've also bought some other gear useful to my learning process yes you've guest it still in the box!!

The weather has been most vexing - a lot of my leisure time tends to be spent outdoors, as well as a lot of my professional life. Being confined to barracks is annoying, but I do spend a lot of time curled up on the sofa with my wife and a nice steaming mug of hot chocolate. Oh, and I've been reading TL@O a lot lately and plotting.

This weather is atrocious but won't last forever. I'm sure March will either give us sub-zero arctic blasts or a heatwave. Or maybe tornados. I've managed to get a couple of sessions in between gaps. You've got to get it while you can these days!

DD

Been clear but way too cold here. Last night it was -12 F, that is -24 C. Too cold to do anything. Especially with the wind blowing, but ohh how the skies were clear.

Brrrr that is cold you wouldn't last in that cold. I'd swap it for our windy rainy Britain can't do anything in this. Let's hope March is better for us and maybe a bit warmer for you lol.

Hi all,

Glad it's just not me feeling this way about the weather. It's due to last till the end of February. Or longer if the jet stream doesn't shift :( my new toy arrives next weekend to, so at least on the bright side it will give me the chance to practice balancing and collimating :).

However I think my music tutor will be happy with all the music practice I am getting in of late :)

Dave :)

I think it's affecting everyone from all parts of the world never would I have thought that when I started this topic of how fed up I was with this weather that so many other people would comment it's a bit of a doer point that it's going on for so long. But as you say it's giving us a chance to learn and read more about our scopes and getting the best outta them.

I did manage about 15 minutes with the moon last night. Beautiful. To be fair, I have seen more driving to work eastwards along M27. I am sure there was a crescent moon with Venus about 6.30AM a couple of weeks ago. Pretty miserable mostly though. :embarassed:

Just heard on R2 they have just named the next storm to hit us this weekend Charlie. Things must be serious as they don't get named until they are bad. To top that naming it after my son means we may be in serious trouble, you want to keep out of his way when he,s mad and he's only 12!

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

I can stomach a week or two. Planning sessions, sleep, time with better half etc.

So, I did the unthinkable and ordered a webcam and associated paraphernalia so that I could at least do some messing about with pictures on the laptop during future rainy spells. I'm told that calling it "imaging" is a little disrespectful to those who have sunk many thousands of pounds into their imaging rigs rather than the £50 ish investment form yours truly.

Spent two evenings messing about with drivers, firewalls and different versions of windows etc. And have conceded that I'll be sticking to purely visual. I should have seen this coming when, after 3 months of mild confusion, I needed another SGL member to explain how to add smileys to messages. :) .(could someone pm me if you can't see a smiley to the left <-).

Paul

Archived