Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

When is this weather going to end??

Skooby

First day off work, whilst the U.K.has been basking in glorious Sunshine all Weekend, So I wonder if I can stay awake long enough to enjoy a bit of Stargazing later. weather is looking O.K.  ;)

post-35627-0-49077800-1403522001_thumb.p

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to be getting clear skies during the day, then cloud at night. Tried using Metcheck, BBC, Accuweather, all seem to show varying amounts of partial cloud cover, but when the time comes, it's close to 100%, grr!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, this thread just won't lie down will it.

The weather can do whatever it likes while we're a month either side of midsummer's day. When the nights get back to being fully dark and moonless the weather will have my full attention again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last night was a strange one... i waited till 1:30am for the clouds to break and got a few subs on ngc6543 until they rolled back in at 2:30am. The 'odd' thing though was that i could count 6 of the main stars in Ursa Minor. From my location, I've never been able to see more than 4. Did a quick process this morning and the image was practically devoid of any sign of ngc6543 apart from one small spot of nebulosity. I guess this subject is a good few hours in the making.

Forecast was for intermittant cloud all night but the satellite images suggested otherwise to me, so I set up anyway and it stayed clear all night. Now it's saying it will be clear skies (all night) tonight, so it will most probably be cloudy.

Dave, the Cateye is tiny - unless you are going after the outer shell (in OIII) and yes, that is dim and needs long subs.

ChrisH

Dave, the Cateye is tiny - unless you are going after the outer shell (in OIII) and yes, that is dim and needs long subs.

ChrisH

Yeah, i think i'll give up on it until i have NB, whenever that may be...

It appears i had all your cloud last night :laugh: have you been doing your olde Mesopotanian cloud scaring dance again?

Yeah, i think i'll give up on it until i have NB, whenever that may be...

It appears i had all your cloud last night :laugh: have you been doing your olde Mesopotanian cloud scaring dance again?

Aye well you're welcome to the clouds but the skies look cruddy now so I doubt it will be as transparent as last night even if they clear off.

Too old for dancing and I'm running out of goats to sacrifice, wondering what to do next!

ChrisH

Aye well you're welcome to the clouds but the skies look cruddy now so I doubt it will be as transparent as last night even if they clear off.

Too old for dancing and I'm running out of goats to sacrifice, wondering what to do next!

ChrisH

Move the house to the Atacama Desert......

Completely surrounded by thunder storms here, incredible views, wish I could capture it in an image some how.

That sounds exciting! Just got boring clear skies here. Again. I'll never get any sleep at this rate.

ChrisH

Exactly that, it's an iPhone app for forecasting the weather at night. Quite good, but still reliant on all too fallible forecasts!

Archived