SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

When is this weather going to end??

Skooby

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have done no AP since the beginning of March and think Galaxy season is totally passing us by in the UK - i had high hopes of Markarians chain in Virgo this year but it's past its best now.  Had the Dob out a few times but always cloud dodging.  It's been utterly dreadful couple of years. 

I'm seeing something similar here in London for tonight. I think imaging is out until either I stump up for NB or it gets darker, but in any case the moon's now coming round again. Maybe I'll get the mak out and do a bit of, shock horror, visual.

I actually have an eyepiece in my scope tonight... oh the novelty... I shall blame it on FLO for their prompt delivery of a bottle of baader wonder fluid. That stuff is the shizzle

Lousy seeing though.

Re. Original Post

Er . . . I think 'this weather' might have ended?

24° outside, spent the day on the beach, Cajun pork ribs on BBQ, really clear nights forecast, cold beer at my side. 

It's ended.

You're right, Myopicus. This is one long-running thread.

Can I look forward to you starting a new one when the beer 'n ribs days have moved on?

LOL!

If (and that's a super-massive logically indisputable type very big mother of an 'if') the beer 'n' ribs days move on (which I doubt), I'll put my useless-won't-actually-change-anything-no-matter-how-hard-i-try comments in the 'Weather Discussion' sub-forum.

But obviously, it's going to be BBQ weather for ever, combined with perfect-viewing-with-a-few-mates-every-single-night type weather until at least 2024.  

Unless it rains. 

Talking of weather, we've got wall-to-wall deep blue sky here right now and I'm on a night shift tonight.

Too bad that we're only a few days from the solstice. It won't get proper dark all night.

I'm holding out for the onset of the noctilucent season to break this bad run!

Archived