SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

When is this weather going to end??

Skooby

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can guarantee it will be clear Friday night as I work night shift every Friday!

Last Friday night was the clearest ive seen this year and was working all night.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

That's a bummer being in work and it's clear for you! I think I'm going to have to move from these welsh hills I've checked again and my Friday night is abysmal actually every night is the same there's just no let up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You cannot beat nature and there are presently some pretty hard core weather events. Just have to hunker down and wait for a settled period, whenever that may be, to get out stargazing again.

God only knows when that will be. Be nice to use my new scope Atleast once maybe twice. Fingers crossed it will be soon!

God only knows when that will be. Be nice to use my new scope Atleast once maybe twice. Fingers crossed it will be soon!

It's abysmal. The forecast for where I am was 'clear skies' tonight. I went to set up the telescope. Not great seeing but quite a few stars/jupiter/moon with some patches of high cloud. I thought it was worth the effort, go back out 45 minutes later and not only is there a blanket of cloud but it's started to rain too. I am so ******* off with it at the minute.

It's abysmal. The forecast for where I am was 'clear skies' tonight. I went to set up the telescope. Not great seeing but quite a few stars/jupiter/moon with some patches of high cloud. I thought it was worth the effort, go back out 45 minutes later and not only is there a blanket of cloud but it's started to rain too. I am so ******* off with it at the minute.

I know exactly how you feel I've done that numerous times set it all up and it all being a let down its starting to pee me off as well disheartening itis. It probably will be a bit worse in some parts if Wales with all the mountains round us. All we can do I hope it eventually does calm down. But when that will be who knows.

Well I ventured out last night – it was lovely and clear (between the odd clouds) but the wind was gusting constantly.

Jupiter was a great sight, so decided to have a go at imaging it with my trusty SPC900.

Needless to say it was VERY difficult but here is one capture best 500 frames out of 700.

Usually I capture 2000 or more frames but it was impossible to go that length of time.

post-5674-0-42055800-1391677565_thumb.jp

Very nice image lee fair play you was lucky to have a break in the clouds it hammered down all night with me as predicted it's not good at all!! But good image fair play.

It's a killer isn't it - the waiting that is..

I almost fell for it last night and tried to set the scope up. Luckily I was (unusual for me) sensible and left everything packed away. The wind was blowing a gale and the clouds never really seemed to clear fully here.
Hate this time of year , and having a scope this time around isn't improving my feelings...

Surely it can't last forever can it?

I guess I've been lucky here in the North East. In January, I've had 14 imaging sessions, including five solar sessions. I don't consider that to be a bad month at all. February has only given me two sessions so far. Last year, I managed around 100.

I hope it don't last forever just want the chance to use my new scope once would be nice just shows it's over most parts of the world with this crazy jet stream. Army Air Force you've been very lucky to get those sessions in. I'm still buying though it's hard not to lol clear skies to you all :/

You have to admire the optimism of the British astronomer. I suspect if we had clear skies every night equipment sales would plummet.

I don't know about anyone else but I spend most cloudy nights browsing FLO's website and making shopping lists in my head.

You'd think the lack of opportunity to use it would deter me from buying any more gear.

Agree with you wholeheartedly.

A few weekends stuck indoors and I somehow ended up feeling my life was incomplete without the Baader 2" diagonal and click lock visual back, it got silly after that.

Next thing I know, I've ordered an ST 102 and rail to piggyback my cpc800, tracked down an adjustable mount for the laser and finally fitted my Telrad, sanity prevailed and I managed to shy away from busting out the credit card for a 12" dob.

My wallet is mighty sore and shoppers remorse is sinking in.  :grin:

Archived