SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

When is this weather going to end??

Skooby

If I'm lucky I can get about an hour outside at a time.

Last night I got everything out and within 10 minutes it was all over.

So I keep watching the MetOffice forecast and Observations to find that split in the cloud.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looked good last night even though it was just a lonely hour of viewing. Took the scope out too cool,whilst having my tea. You all know what's coming next,went outside and it was overcast :(

I struggle as it is cos I work nights and I have Mon/Tue night off,so my window of observing opportunities are even slimmer. But I'm still going to buy my second scope in 2 weeks.....IM NOT GOING TO BE PUT OFF THIS BEAUTIFUL HOBBY,BY OUR APPAULING WEATHER :-)

Clear skies to you all :-)

I would love to eventually try my new scope but it's not looking good. The sum just came out but as it's now getting close to my 2pm work finished right on schedule it's clouding over winds picking up and it's picking to rain I'm seriously starting to forget what a clear night looks like thank god for magizines to jog my memory :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep im sick of it too!

Bought my setup in November and since then ive used it 5 times and 3 of those 5 times where inbetween clouds with poor seeing anyway.

Just ordered a Bahtinov mask and dual axi motors for my mount so no doubt the clouds will be here for a few more weeks at least now!

Some weather sites are suggesting a little clear sky tonight in my area – but with strong winds.

Normally I’d never consider going out with such a bad forecast but needs must and all that.

Strong winds are a problem scope will be like a sail. If it's not one thing it's another complete nightmare.

Yep im sick of it too!

Bought my setup in November and since then ive used it 5 times and 3 of those 5 times where inbetween clouds with poor seeing anyway.

Just ordered a Bahtinov mask and dual axi motors for my mount so no doubt the clouds will be here for a few more weeks at least now!

I know it's heart breaking 2 weeks I've had my scope it's never seen outside yet. But I've also just ordered a bahtinov mask and a dew shield for when I do used it next year sometime!!! :o

Even if it is not raining or cloudy or windy tonight - it is dustbin day tomorrow, which means my neighbour will have to switch on his 10000000Watt security light (and forget to switch it off)

That's where air rifles come in handy ;) lol

Yeh lol at the moment we can't win well there's a new programme on sky h2 the universe that's gonna have to do till I can finally photograph my own dso's.

Even if it is not raining or cloudy or windy tonight - it is dustbin day tomorrow, which means my neighbour will have to switch on his 10000000Watt security light (and forget to switch it off)

I could not even put out the bins last night near the road, too windy. The bottle collection bin had a little trip across the garden with bottles and cans going everywhere. I had to put a lump of slate on it to keep it down.  Madness.

James, hope you are alright out there in Somerset, Not looking so good on the flood maps. 

I could not even put out the bins last night near the road, too windy. The bottle collection bin had a little trip across the garden with bottles and cans going everywhere. I had to put a lump of slate on it to keep it down.  Madness.

James, hope you are alright out there in Somerset, Not looking so good on the flood maps. 

Thank you.  Fortunately we're pretty much on top of a hill so relatively safe from flooding, but the ground is now so wet that it's barely possible to walk on it, especially in the gusting winds.  Our recycling boxes completely disappeared yesterday though we did find the food waste container in a field.  I've had to ask the council to deliver some new ones.

James

Well, I've checked my weather sites before I leave work in a moment- they suggest it may be clear(ish) tonight.

Wish me luck, I may be gone some time.

Good luck lee just watch that wind don't carry you off its that strong!! Looking at scope nights I've had it for the next five days :( I've also had things blown everywhere but I eventually found the dogs in the next field lol

Weather is driving me crazy. Had my first telescope for a week and managed about 15 minutes between cloud banks. Please don't tell me it is always like this!

No no, just this winter...

...and the one before...

...the summer before that wasn't great either...

...and don't even get me started on last spring.

Weather is driving me crazy. Had my first telescope for a week and managed about 15 minutes between cloud banks. Please don't tell me it is always like this!

Well it's never been this bad it's a complete nightmare I'm dying to take some images but it's not possible and it's saying in that groundhog site it could be like this for another 6 weeks not good for astronomers.

Archived