Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Feeling a bit.....Meh...!!

CJ77

After seemingly weeks of non-stop cloud cover, I saw a chance last night to dig out the scope and hopefully get a glimpse of the supernova while there seemed to be clear skies.

No sooner had I put the scope up and aligned it, when I noticed the wind speed, and then saw the faint, high wispy clouds racing across from south to north, that quickly became a blanket of cloud reflecting all the light pollution back down with little or no prospect of it clearing. After a quick search, seeing nothing I packed away and went to bed. 10 minutes of non-observing was all I got......Grrr

I'm currently looking out of my office window at clear blue skies.  This seems to be the pattern lately, clear all day, cloudy all night.

Couple that with the 60mph gusts we're expecting on the coast over the next day and a half and I think we can safely say the only thing I'm going to be observing tonight is the news at ten.

Weather been awful hear on the south coast to :clouds2:  :clouds1:, Did get a few hours in sunday night got to see the supernova in M82 (first time), Jupiter, Orion, Pleiades, before the clouds came rolling in again Grrrrrrrr.

We have a stargazing event on Saturday night  at http://www.moors-valley.co.uk/event/stargazing-08-feb-13/

The forecast is rain :huh:  Grrrrrrrrr, Lets hope the gods look down on us and bring some fine weather for Saturday, We have been looking forward to this event for months :rolleyes: .

The last 3 star parties have all been cancelled due to bad weather  :mad: .   

Managed a couple of hours on Sunday evening, was hoping for another chance either Monday or tonight... Monday was a grey-out, forecast for tonight isn't looking great now either.  That'll teach me for buying a new EP.

Weather been awful hear on the south coast to :clouds2:  :clouds1:, Did get a few hours in sunday night got to see the supernova in M82 (first time), Jupiter, Orion, Pleiades, before the clouds came rolling in again Grrrrrrrr.

We have a stargazing event on Saturday night  at http://www.moors-valley.co.uk/event/stargazing-08-feb-13/

The forecast is rain :huh:  Grrrrrrrrr, Lets hope the gods look down on us and bring some fine weather for Saturday, We have been looking forward to this event for months :rolleyes: .

The last 3 star parties have all been cancelled due to bad weather  :mad: .   

Good luck for Saturday, you never know, with all these high winds it may blow the cloud away (along with everything else).

Archived