SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

S@N

Paulus17

Me too. There has been a very divided opinion regarding her being hired, but why? Her credentials are beyond reproach. Yes she does seem a little eccentric herself in a Patrick Moore sort of way, but that shouldn't be a reason to not have her on. She knows her stuff. I for one will be watching with great interest. 

It will be interesting to see how brave they have been with any changes, new theme music ect. I expect to see more time laps milky way shots and whizzing telescope domes? but will we also get helicopter tracking shots of presenters looking wistfully into space ?

Hoping not too much content has been removed for style  :smiley:  

Me too. There has been a very divided opinion regarding her being hired, but why? Her credentials are beyond reproach. Yes she does seem a little eccentric herself in a Patrick Moore sort of way, but that shouldn't be a reason to not have her on. She knows her stuff. I for one will be watching with great interest. 

I met her a few weeks ago when I was lucky enough to be in the audience on 'Stargazing Live - Back To Earth'.  After the show she took time to chat to me, asking what equipment I had and what my astronomy related interests are. She was genuinely interested and was excited and looking forward to presenting 'The Sky At Night'. Good luck to her.

Regards,

John

post-1293-0-33732600-1391527506_thumb.jp

I watched her on BBC Breakfast today and she seemed very down to earth (no pun intended) and enthusiastic about the programme. Having watched it as a child and now having the chance to present it must be a wonderful prospect. I have missed watching episodes in the past but it is now firmly set up to record in the future. The first episode is looking at Jupiter so should be interesting.

It will be interesting to see how brave they have been with any changes, new theme music etc. ...  

Oh I hope they don't change the theme music. It's become so associated with the programme that it announces even to non astronomers that this programme is The Sky At Night.

I went out and bought this piece of music many years ago, by Sibalius, sorry if the spelling is wrong. I think it was 1970, I was 14 and had just bought my first stereo record player, my Mum thought I was nuts listening to Jazz Classics and Heavy Rock.

Alan

Archived