SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Yet another supernova and M81!

mrjolly

Thought I'd have a go last night seeing as it was really clear.

It was one of those nights where everything just worked, polar alignment, goto setup etc. The only slight hiccup occured when I was trying to roughly focus before using a mask. Took me a couple of minutes to realise I'd left the cap on.  :grin:

80ED+FF/FR, LP filter, HEQ5, and un-modded canon 1100d

40x 60s subs & 10x120subs, stacked and tweaked in PI.

post-28346-0-31857400-1391462980_thumb.j

If only every attempt could be so uneventful and easy (but where would the fun be?!?)

excellent image, nice job. That's what I hope (would love to) achieve next time I can. So far results always been a bit grainy due to lack of data i.e. less than 10 subs :(

Do you have good dark skies? your image looks pretty low on noise.

excellent image, nice job. That's what I hope (would love to) achieve next time I can. So far results always been a bit grainy due to lack of data i.e. less than 10 subs :(

Do you have good dark skies? your image looks pretty low on noise.

To the north and east the skies are not too bad, the west is pretty bad and filled with the orange glow towards London so Andromeda has been pretty tough to image and isn't visible to the naked eye. The south is blocked by houses  although I'm pretty luck as Orion just rises above the rooftops. A bit of a bummer when you've got bedroom lights going on and off though!

Archived