Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter Europa Shadow Transit 02.02.2014

catman161

Mount: NEQ6 Pro       Scope: 200P     Camera: ASI120MC      Televue 2x Powermate and 3 inch extension 

Was a good session last night despite my laptop continuously attempting to not work with sharpcap for some reason but I just went a borrowed Katie's and all went well. I managed to get a capture rate of 143fps last night so came away with 20gigs of data. Below is the stuff that I mangaed to get okay focus on the others (where I did not!) have been filed away under 'B' for Bin! I did manage to try out my little variable led to clip on to the finderscope objective to light up the reticule and it worked very nicely smile.png I also used the new moonlit focuser with the 50mm draw tube the FLO so kindly sent in exchange for the 38mm one I had and the extra back travel was great as I didnt have to adjust the barrel of the powermate to gain that extra bit of backwards travel smile.png I didn't manage to first light my Meg 72 however but  will try that next time out smile.png

I captured using latest version of Sharpcap 2, put the avis through PIPP keeping the best 2500 frames of 3000. Then I stacked in AS!2, wavelets in Registax 5.1 and then Levels, Curves, Hue/Saturation,Contrast and sharpening in Photoshop CS2. 

Anyway here are the 5 images that are not too embarrassing smile.png I have made them into a short animation but it is terrible so I am not gonna post it :D

Advice and help welcomed as always :)

12293505516_310e10abaa_o.png

Yep, nice images here, for some reason I keep getting a bad panda sign when clicking on them, so they won't enlarge? I reckon you must have had OK seeing that night. I certainly didn't!

Regards

Harvey

Excellent sequence of tight, sharp images of the transit Felix with the GRS just emerging on the left. :smiley:

Best regards,

Ralph

Thanks :) yes I think I am starting to get used to the camera and adjusting the settings for the conditions etc now. I have also started looking more into the processing side of things too after a chat with Pete (Theo-thanks again) which is an area I need to improve on.

Archived