SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from hayes in Middlesex - UK

dfronteras

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

You just point it down tjhe eyehole and click.

Captain Chaos

That easy? :oops:

I was thinking too complex with adaptors etc :lol:

An adaptor is useful as it assures good alignment and leaves you free you to concentrate on other things, like exposure. Also, with an adaptor, you can trigger the camera remotely or use the 10 sec' timer.

Astro-Engineering offer adaptors; Ambermile (an SGL member) also make/sell them ... I think.

You just point it down tjhe eyehole and click.

Captain Chaos

That easy? :oops:

I was thinking too complex with adaptors etc :lol:

An adaptor is useful as it assures good alignment and leaves you free you to concentrate on other things, like exposure. Also, with an adaptor, you can trigger the camera remotely or use the 10 sec' timer.

Astro-Engineering offer adaptors; Ambermile (an SGL member) also make/sell them ... I think.

It was just that I have a 4megpix compact and assumed that it could not be used or at least, used effectively. Looks like I could get some images at least. :)

Dear Group

I was ask to do a new Post about the new Middlesex club called London Heathrow Telescope Club

The email is : londonheathrowtelescopeclub@yahoo.co.uk

The Website is : http://www.freewebs.com/londonheathrowtelescopeclub

We use telescopes like Sky watcher Explorer 150mm (6") f/750 Parabolic Newtonian Reflector's & The Bushnell 6" Dobsonian's. Most of the Members work in the Heathrow area & sometimes we meet up in a pub for a good chat or meet at a member house or flat or at a park. We are signing up with The Federation of Astronomical Societies.

We have a free membership at this time and there are Membership forms out.

So we can send Newsletter's & other information like Courses or any other information you would like. If you would like a form please feel free to email us we have a Treasurer as

we will have days out like www.astroblast.org.uk and other trips or if anyone would like to buy Accessories or Telescopes.

Thank You for you Time

LHTC - :sunny:

• 2 weeks later...

These are great pics Dunstan. Saturn is nice and sharp with Cassini just showing up.

Why don't you post them in the images section. You're an old time member of the forum now you know :lol:

I like that moon picture. You can see the Messier skid mark. (bet THAT gets moderated!)

Captain Chaos

I have not moderated any of the photos & I try to photo Mars with my lpi system but it move off the the telescope so all my shots are luckly!!! :lol:

Dunstan

Good 1st effort on Jupiter.

I took a photo of Jupiter last night.

I have yet to download it from the Camera.

Why don't you re-post these in the image section. A lot more people look there.

Cheers

Ian

• 2 years later...

Hi Group

Very sorry that I have not been on the group for 2 years also sorry to says that

London Heathrow Telescope Club did not work out as I was to busy with my career.

But I have now maded time for the to use the telescope again

Archived