Dew heater recommendations.

A dew shield is a must-have, made yourself from some foam sheet (camping groundsheet). That would take care of maybe 80% of your problem, the heater would take care of the rest. You can DIY a heater or buy a commercial unit, a simple 2-channel unit would be fine.

ChrisH

If you go for the camping mat solution which is very cheap and easy, make sure you use a black mat. I used a blue one and it actually caused some image degredation as I got some stray light reflection on the inside.

If you can use a matt black spray paint as well so much the better.

Focus plates on Mak's and SCT are dew magnets.....

I was lazy and just bought a pre-made Dew Shield and it has been a god send. So far managed to avoid needing a heater yet but to be honest i have only been doing 3 hour sessions at the most.

Its not the exact same module here (although the circuit is identical) - the one I linked is the one with the panel mount pot on it. I got the same unit but with a little mini pot on it, which I had to remove and add a panel pot. Essentially I got the wrong unit (duh!) meaning I had a bit more work to do. If you get the linked one there is no re-soldering to do whatsoever.

Dan

Archived