Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wow! again? after all this time

Pete Presland

i have had my C9.25 since last spring and to my shame :o i have never used it visually other than to point at a planet and begin imaging. but last night after a few hours imaging Jupiter i popped the meade 40mm eyepiece in and decide to spend a while just checking out a few old favourites.

i have to say M42 was simply incredible, so much so i hardly looked at much else ! the best i have ever had of her. it seemed like the entire field of view was filled with nebulosity i thought my days of being "wowed" at the eyepiece were going to be restricted to special events, comets, SN's, but this showed even after 30+ years the are still things that can surprise you, i wonder what it would look like through 4 16" dob? :rolleyes:

I'm not really one for looking at the same objects over and over again but M42 is one of the few that I do go back to. It doesn't seem to matter what size scope I use to look at it but I always seem to mutter 'wow' when I see it. :)

I'm not really one for looking at the same objects over and over again but M42 is one of the few that I do go back to. It doesn't seem to matter what size scope I use to look at it but I always seem to mutter 'wow' when I see it. :)

just love your sketches! i wish i could draw like that, i supose thats why i went down the imaging route.

Archived