Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which Lens

Darren7478

Hi All,

I am looking for a lens to go with my 600d primarily for moon shots, I have found 2 lenses that kind of fit my budget and was wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these or has their own suggestion.

1. Sigma 70 - 300

2. Sigma 120 - 400

Thanks in advance

Darren

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi Darren , I've had experience with the 120 -400 and my advice would be to stay clear, OK, I wasn't trying for moon shots or anything but was using one for plane photography but the Image quality was terrible . could be a different story with moon shots though ??

Thanks for saving me £300+ as airshows are also on list, dud you find any alternatives?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I ended up buying the 300mm f-4 in the end , was twice my budget but it been worth every penny....

At the other end of the price spectrum, you could consider the lowly 55-250. It is very cheap but rather good! But I think even 300mm is not enoughfkcal length further moon. Maybe Get an ED80 and a t ring?

Archived