Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

weather

skip

okay okay

i bought the scope and the clouds stay all the time its like buying a BBQ and it rains for months.

so frustrating, i suppose you lot are all laid back about this weather , must learn not to get so worked up when things dont go to plan.

standing by scopewaiting for a break

regards

skip

Hi Skip,

Getting new astro gear always means clouds, thats one of the rules! :lol:

I bought a Meade telescope a while back and didn't get to use it for 6 weeks!!

Its give clear skies in the NorthWest for tomorrow, so fingers crossed I'll get out!!

Gaz

You have to be laid back about the weather - it's the one thing that you can't do anything about. This is one of the main reasons that I'm considering downsizing my set up so that if I get 5 minutes of clear skies I can actually use it!!!

After a few months of using the scope you find the times where your let down by your kit far more annoying... I know of someone who regually throws webcams / camera's / EP's (and anything else to hand) around the garden when things don;t work out - YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE :lol:

With th elook of the weather reports you could be standing by your scope for some time.

Ant

You blokes really must try to send some of that rain my way. I haven't seen any rain of any kind for going on 3 months now. Clouds, yes. Rain, no. It's getting ugly and I'm getting jealous. :lol: Or, is that vice versa?....

Please don't rub it in Astroman, weve had a very wet and cloudy couple of weeks of here!! :lol: :lol:

You blokes really must try to send some of that rain my way. I haven't seen any rain of any kind for going on 3 months now. Clouds, yes. Rain, no. It's getting ugly and I'm getting jealous. :lol: Or, is that vice versa?....

Please don't rub it in Astroman, weve had a very wet and cloudy couple of weeks of here!! :lol: :lol:

Rub it in?!? Do you know what DROUT is?! I sympathise with you. It's frustrating to not be able to see the sky, but the water table at my house is over 900' below the surface, and falling. THAT is a serious problem. Being deprived of seeing the skyis a minor inconvenience.

Excuse me.

thats why i use a go to scope i,m up and running in mins , with this english weather , we cant hang around ehehhehehe , Astroman as for drought , although we have aload of rain , we are Rubbish here at saving it and two days of sunshine and we all on a water ration ehhehehehe

ROg

900 feet!! That's pretty low. What's the normal level?

900 feet. That's the problem. There's precious little water to begin with-we average just over 17 cm per year. Over the last 12 years, we're averaging less than 12. You may have heard of "The Dust Bowl" in the 1930's-a drout that lasted 8 years. They say some 30% of the topsoil in the midwestern states, (Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa etc.), simply blew away. We're in the 12th year of subnormal rainfall. Like I say, please, send rain.

Archived