Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Gear ***alert***

Blazar

oo....look whats inbound:

TAL x 2 Barlow:  You can also unscrew the lens and screw it into the EP for 1.5x: 

TAL x 3 Barlow:

Inbound from the states in the next couple of weeks. These things are meant to be awesome...almost the stuff of legend (well the fact we can't get em over here anymore)....

Still saving for the mount (sigh).....but HAD TO BUY SOMETHING!!!!!!

на самом деле набрали ваш последний пост, Конрад Knobby в Google Translate, чтобы только найти, что вы сделали, что последнее предложение .... Как вам не стыдно Knobby

Komrades, The 'Red Star's' have landed...(not Betelgeuse or Arcturus) but my Barlow's are here! As expected they are built like tanks, and are quite hefty pieces (can't weigh them though). The x2 has the standard TAL 'Esqe' purple coating (and is boxed as a multi coated piece), The x3 does not state it is multi coated, though has a slight yellowish tint to my eyes, and out of the two, is the only one with the official NPZ optics logo on it. Cant wait now to try them out....though at this rate it might not be until March! Here are a couple of pics for reference:

Both together (awww):

med_gallery_27945_3014_945603.jpg

The x2 

med_gallery_27945_3014_1222346.jpg

The x3

med_gallery_27945_3014_1610316.jpg

Yep got our for just under an hour. (now look at it!) managed to go over the moon, and Jupiter showed up as well....nice.

They function REALLY well and literally disappear when in use. Might be me just being happy to have them, but I did notice a feature I had never seen before on the moon. a small rille with a small crater that seems to intersect it. will have to do some digging to see what it is known as.

but tell you what...these Russians are pretty good ;-)

Archived