Narrowband

first light in new house and beat the wetaher :)

Daniel-K

after a long day at Alder hay childrens hospital with my youngest having grommets put in her ears i was supprised when i checked sat 24 to find a clear spell coming in. after cross checking a number of weather forcast sites the out come looked bleak but i trusted my gut tonight and it paid off.  supprisingly no wind at all!

m82 SN2014J (my first SN)

m81

m1

m42

m97

m38 &NGC 1907

just got the leo triplet in

juptier stole the show when i applied x177 mag and the detail was gob smacking there was a tranist going on and ganymede was just lifting off the limb. thats the most banding i have seen on the gas giant. i was using a 9mm SW UWAN with a meade series 4000 blue filter (japan)

finaly got a little astro fix, i can be happy for a while

dan

after a long day at Alder hay childrens hospital with my youngest having grommets put in her ears i was supprised when i checked sat 24 to find a clear spell coming in. after cross checking a number of weather forcast sites the out come looked bleak but i trusted my gut tonight and it paid off.  supprisingly no wind at all!

m82 SN2014J (my first SN)

m81

m1

m42

m97

m38 &NGC 1907

just got the leo triplet in

juptier stole the show when i applied x177 mag and the detail was gob smacking there was a tranist going on and ganymede was just lifting off the limb. thats the most banding i have seen on the gas giant. i was using a 9mm SW UWAN with a meade series 4000 blue filter (japan)

finaly got a little astro fix, i can be happy for a while

dan

how lucky are you, hope your little one is ok mate

Yeah I hope the young one is ok Dan?

I've found blue filters lighten the Tropical Zones on Jupiter, my #82a also makes things like the white ovals stand out better, my yellow and orange filters adds contrast and darkens the festoons.

I don't think you have missed too much observing time while you've been moving house so you timed that well! :)

Has your new house got darker skies than your old one and have you made a trip to a dark site with your 14" yet?

Yeah I hope the young one is ok Dan?

I've found blue filters lighten the Tropical Zones on Jupiter, my #82a also makes things like the white ovals stand out better, my yellow and orange filters adds contrast and darkens the festoons.

I don't think you have missed too much observing time while you've been moving house so you timed that well! :)

Has your new house got darker skies than your old one and have you made a trip to a dark site with your 14" yet?

Mike the house ive moved in is half a mile away from my old house but slightly more LP due to the shops , it will hopefully make me take more trips out this year with the 14".Weather permitting I may be going with faulksy on the 6th.im still yet to have more than 2 hours with the scope since I picked it up in October! Can't wait to see what it can do at a dark site. :D I got to have a play with the Orion Ultrablock filter on m1 and 97 it works great really makes it stand out.

Glad to hear the little one's on the mend, it was a surprise to get out

last night myself, and the wind calmed down too, observed the transit of 

Ganymede, it was mesmerising, and quite good seeing, it was well worth

the wait to get out again, it made up for all the bad weather around this

area. 

Glad to hear the little one's on the mend, it was a surprise to get out

last night myself, and the wind calmed down too, observed the transit of 

Ganymede, it was mesmerising, and quite good seeing, it was well worth

the wait to get out again, it made up for all the bad weather around this

area.

Yes ron Jupiter was taking x177 in my 350p and I wis I had a 6-7mm as I believe it would have handled More mag. Did you get the SN

Archived