Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

stickbow

acuter spotting scope

Hi

I am thinking about getting one of the above scopes as a second scope for when I just want a quick

setup and look for a short period and I wondered if anyone has used or knows about these scopes.

I was thinking of an 80 mm with a micro focuser on or a 100mm with a normal focused.

Any info is appreciated cheers.

Hi, I don't have personal experience of the acuter scopes so can't comment on them. I think that if space is not an issue you might be better served with a 90 mm refractor like this    http://www.firstlightoptics.com/beginner-telescopes/skywatcher-evostar-90-eq2.html

It would cope with higher mag better than a spotting scope whilst still doing low power wide field.  :smiley:

Or better yet, have you considered a binocular? If so, look for the size "10x50".

Hi, I don't have personal experience of the acuter scopes so can't comment on them. I think that if space is not an issue you might be better served with a 90 mm refractor like this    http://www.firstlightoptics.com/beginner-telescopes/skywatcher-evostar-90-eq2.html

It would cope with higher mag better than a spotting scope whilst still doing low power wide field.  :smiley:

This scope is also available with the az3 mount. I have one and find it really quick to set up.