Narrowband

Coursera courses

Moox

Just wondered if anyone has taken any of the astronomy related courses on the Coursera.org website?

There are a few that are starting in the next month or so that look interesting but I'd be interested to know if anyone has any experience of them or coursera courses in general, and their worth in doing?

Courses starting soon are: Imagining Other Earths; AstroTech: The Science and Technology behind Astronomical Discovery; and Confronting The Big Questions: Highlights of Modern Astronomy. I've seen some discussions on here about the Intro to Astronomy course which I'll look for the next time it starts.

Thanks

Matt

• 2 months later...

Just wondered if anyone has taken any of the astronomy related courses on the Coursera.org website?

There are a few that are starting in the next month or so that look interesting but I'd be interested to know if anyone has any experience of them or coursera courses in general, and their worth in doing?

Courses starting soon are: Imagining Other Earths; AstroTech: The Science and Technology behind Astronomical Discovery; and Confronting The Big Questions: Highlights of Modern Astronomy. I've seen some discussions on here about the Intro to Astronomy course which I'll look for the next time it starts.

Thanks

Matt

PM Mad Astro Girl, she does loads of these and is willing to help anyone get started

Hello Matt, Confronting the big Questions Highlights of modern Astronomy, is a brilliant course, and well worth taking. I did it not that long ago, so can recommend it. I am also doing the Astro Tech course, the CalTech course and getting to grips with mathematical symbolism, by Prof Tony Croft. "The Science Of The Solar System". I also did Analyzing the Universe course, and it was really good as well. Astronomy State of the Art, course by Prof Christ Impey, is also brilliant. I have done quite a few of the free online courses and have really enjoyed them all. If you need advice just let me know.

Best Wishes

Mad astro girl :-)

Hello Matt, Confronting the big Questions Highlights of modern Astronomy, is a brilliant course, and well worth taking. I did it not that long ago, so can recommend it. I am also doing the Astro Tech course, the CalTech course and getting to grips with mathematical symbolism, by Prof Tony Croft. "The Science Of The Solar System". I also did Analyzing the Universe course, and it was really good as well. Astronomy State of the Art, course by Prof Christ Impey, is also brilliant. I have done quite a few of the free online courses and have really enjoyed them all. If you need advice just let me know.

Best Wishes

Mad astro girl :-)

I shouldn't post at mad times of the night lol, as I make mistakes lol haha. CalTech course is The Science of the Solar System, by Prof Mike Brown. The maths one is Prof Croft. Anyway you probably get what I meant lol.

Archived