Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from London

astrorabbit

Hello everyone,

Bit of a newbie to stargazing, proud owner of a Celestron 6se and currently selling a few toys to purchase a SW 250pds on an neq6. Very keen photographer and am slowly learning more about astrophotography... Next toy in line will be an autoguider setup for sure.

I reside in West London,my views are a bit limited although for London my skies are quite dark.... I play in the countryside fairly often and a good stargazing session is a great way to finish the day.

I've been reading these forums for a few weeks and have decided to join as everyone seems really friendly and well educated on my new hobby.

Clears skies all around....this rain is getting a bit depressing!

Cheers,

Matthew.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone, lovely to see such a nice warm welcome!

Hi Matthew from West London... I'm Matthew living in South West London :) Welcome to the forum :)

Where do you go for your dark skies?

Most often I'll sit on sky safari for my dark skies as you know London is pretty poor, I was at Leith hill last and not sure where next. Planning my first visit to Exmoor later this year for a week of photography and astro frolicking :)

Tiny Small (Matthew) you're at the opposite end of the 65 route to me ;)

Nice to 'meet' everyone.

I mentioned my telescope purchase... Guess the clouds will see that one coming so apologies in advance.

Cheers everyone!

Currently reading "Getting Started Long exposure astrophotography" by Allan Hall, once I've finished cooking my brains with that I'll move onto Making every photon count as I've seen in mentioned a lot. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Regards,

Matthew. 

Archived