Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Very clear tonight...

rory

Evening all. , sat in the garden on the floor with my mk 1 eyeballs. Seems the storm earlier today has cleared the way for a very clear sky here in the West Midlands .

Sirius doesn't seem to be twinkling as much as normal , good sign .

I'm going to see what mag I can get to with naked eye .

Hope you have clear sky too ...

Clear here too, I am taking a gamble for a bit later though, lots of lights go off here and it gets darker around the suburbs.   local satellite predicts clear for another few hours, so I do not want to dew out too soon with the best bits of sky I am interested in to come up a bit later. 

Been blowy here all day with a couple of nasty squalls. then it cleared nicely but still blowing a hooligan.

Didn't get home from work until 19:30 after a 12.5 hour shift. I had been thinking of getting a scope out to find me a supernova but it's very windy with a bit of cloud so  I got showered and put my jim jams on instead :)

Looks like a change of weather type from the middle of next week. Cold easterly setting in. Maybe bring some better skies with it!

Clear here tonight, just come in from the 'scope to give my feet a chance to warm up. Got the room light off, only illumination from my monitor at minimum.

Although it's clear, the seeing is dire, bloated stars and Jupiter won't take much magnification at all, x60-70 max.

OTOH, I *think* (Hope, more like) that the switch to LED street lights here is having some effect, as I can now see 9 stars in the Orion square, whereas last year I could only see 7, together with 6 Pleiades. Those glorying in Bortle 1 or 2 skies may sneer, but here it's a definite improvement.

Slightly frustrated as it's so wet here that I don't dare run the extension lead out to run my imaging kit, even with a RCD.

Back in from 3 hours of Dob Wrestling in the wind but very much worth it.

I took the risk of going to a dark site I haven't been to since a close call with fly-tippers several months ago. No unexpected excitement this evening fortunately.

Best sky I've had in ages though. M31 was clearly visible naked eye.

Cursed myself for fiddling with my collimation earlier though - made it worse. Stupid boy! :cry:

Clear and very cold here even with 3 layers on :cool: I wont be staying out that long, enjoy the beer :grin:

You clearly need more layers on if you're cold ;). I'm never cold when observing at home - well, tonight I was wearing 8 layers - a bit overkill :rolleyes:!

Was very nice viewing tonight - seeing better than expected and I got some lovely views of Jupiter at 240x.

Clear here for an hour or so after 20:00. I got my first view of the SN in M82.

Very nice at x100 with my 5" Mak, as a twinkling point in the galaxy, quite a bit fainter than the star close by. Quite a lot of galaxy detail (mottling) at x100, more at x48, although the SN was less obvious then, only visible with averted vision. Sky transparency is often  superb after rain... (something good to say about rain!).

Chris

Archived