Narrowband

Just ordered a bigger EP case: Dörr Fotokoffer Silver 50

Just ordered myself a Dörr Fotokoffer Silver 50. This is one of only a few cases significantly bigger than my current EP case (which is 43x32x18cm). The Dörr measures 52x42x22cm, so it could hold more stuff. I toyed with the idea of building flight case myself, but this was going for about 79 euro (including shipping) from amazon.de, so it would probably be more expensive making your own. Details here:

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B000KZ62WA/ref=pe_386171_38075861_TE_item_image

looks like a nice case, will you cut out the foam to suit your application?

I will cut out the foam. One nice thing about this case is that it comes with a few stiff, rubberised partition walls, which means that the foam can first be cut to fill the partition areas, and will deform less under the load of the EPs.

It won't be bigger enough in a year or so....pretty look though......

Quite possible, of course. However, I think my EP collection is stabilizing in size right now. This case will be able to hold the entire planetary and deep sky set (the 2x XW, 1x Delos, 3x Nagler T4, Nagler 31T5, and LVW 42mm) plus the Denkmeier filter-switch diagonal and the 2" Amici prism, some filters, and still have room to spare for a couple of sizeable EPs (Delos 6 and/of 14). My solar set (MV 24 and 20mm, XF8.5, Meade 2x TeleXtender) is carried in the same camera bag that holds the LS35, and the Herschel wedge and associated filters are in the case of the 80mm. My current main EP case can now be transferred to imaging kit duty, and my rather smaller imaging kit case may become a useful case for a minimalist travel set of EPs.

Archived