Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

New scope - new signature...

The best part of getting a new scope is being able to update your signature on SGL ...right?

:-)

IMG_0004.JPG

Just begging to get out under some clear sky!    Look forward to reading your first light on the scope and mount. 

I know! Sick* ain't it?! LOL

*yah, that's right, I'm 50 and still hip! LOL

I just set it up on the drive in front of the house to view Jupiter - absolutely superb :-)

Did a quick star test and I'm pretty sure the collimation is ok as well - will need to check again

The clouds showed up and that was it but what a blast.

I bought this scope after owning a C10n and a C8n (driven - non goto)

Replacing the was an opportunity to spend the extra money on a really good goto mount and portability benefits.

It paid off - big time - the OTA is really light, as is the new VX mount. Set up is  a piece of cake - they've finally put index marks on the mount to get you close to home position to start off.

I didn't try the polar and star alignment routines (rushing to see something before it clouded over) but this was another selling point - very easy.

It also means I don't have to tear down the observatory to extract the monster NEQ6 every time I go to Kelling :-) 

I'm sure this mount will take the Altair 115 ED for imaging so I can do both observing now with C8 if it's partly cloudy and image the night away if it isn't.

It'll be interesting to see how the auto-guiding performs

Great scope guys - very portable and the VX mount is fantastic.

David

Edited by Guest

Isn't that the main reason to get a new scope? To get to change the signature that is? Oh, nice looking scope by the way! :-D

Love my c8 - take visual back off and put a 2" diagonal on and it really does perform well.

congratulations

So that's why we have horizontal rain here in North Baddesley, nice scope enjoy

Beautiful , looks like the goods on the VX mount .

I have a 9.25 inch CF OTA arriving next week , it will sit on a SW HEQ5 and I cant wait to view Jupiter and later on Mars and Saturn again .

Congratulations on your new scope .

Brian.